Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... I buy a not kickstarter edition?
The price different seems to be large....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Hero cards for all core troops
2) Full card art/Foil cards for bosses
3) Quite a few KS exclusive equipment, weapon, and gear cards
4) 4 new soldiers to play (eventually released as expansions)

(Some Optional that were really appealing for me to buy KS vs retail)
5) Opportunity to purchase two expansion roles: Psychogenics and Grafting Lab (for those who chose to do so)
6) Opportunity to purchase an expansion that provides enough cards/boards for 6players (for those who chose to do so)

Could be more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head

I purchased as an EB for $45 + $18 S/H (shipping was expensive since I got almost all the add-ons). My favorite etailer (CSI) is selling pre-orders for $47.99 + $10.11 S/H

I'm paying $63 vs $58, so $5 more for the extra stuff. Those figures could be wildly different in other countries however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Plus The normal CMON delay in shipping your game if your not American ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:

5) Opportunity to purchase two expansion roles: Psychogenics and Grafting Lab (for those who chose to do so)
6) Opportunity to purchase an expansion that provides enough cards/boards for 6players (for those who chose to do so)

Great. I'm out. I kinda like it when a KS offers so many exclusives. Makes easier not to buy at a later date if I miss on the KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Davis
msg tools
mbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
xBino wrote:

Great. I'm out. I kinda like it when a KS offers so many exclusives. Makes easier not to buy at a later date if I miss on the KS

Which is exactly the reason why I hate KS exclusives. Even as a backer of Xenoshyft, I find the number of non-artwork exclusives really distasteful. Hopefully, everyone will eventually get access to all of the game, same as the backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
Wow, I didn't realize it was so many exclusives. I backed it but I thought we got just some foil cards and that miniature (maybe he's in the regular game). I probably wouldn't have backed it if I realized there were so many exclusives. I don't like to support that kind of behavior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
guys... this is CMON we're talking about. They are notorious for this kind of KS exclusive nonsense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
guys... this is CMON we're talking about. They are notorious for this kind of KS exclusive nonsense!

I think it's fair to say if it wasn't working for them, they wouldn't do it. They must have evidence to support a higher KS adoption rate when exclusives are included that offset whatever loss they suffer from those who boycott the practice.

I personally feel like KS extra content should be free for backers, but available for purchase for non backers. That way backing still offers a tangible reward/savings due to the risk involved, yet others are still able to get the complete experience if they so choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... so was curious myself exactly what KS exclusives are, and here's the list:

$10 is if you want more minis than the one that is included...

Those are the exclusives as far as I know. The other stuff like the other 4 soldiers and the other 2 roles cards will be released as expansions as far as I know.

Honestly, the hero cards are the only thing worth a damn imo (and it's still questionable if that's worth the extra cost). They don't even have proper rules to use the experimental tech so it's almost up to everyone to house rules those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm really surprised that people are surprised by the KS Exclusives in a CMON game. CMON is THE company for games with KS Exclusives. No one else even comes close. shake

Having said that, CMON also usually provides .pdf copies of the KS Exclusive material (cards, etc.), so that everyone can proxy in their own minis and play with KS Exclusive stuff, so no one misses out completely. So I'm not sure why people would refuse to buy a CMON game. But YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.