Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Canberra - Airborne Commander KS.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, there's this game, see...yes, I realise that might be expected on this site, but...

Airborne Commander

Kickstarter is live. Cost is horrendous: USD25+USD20 shipping for one copy; or USD90+USD20 for four copies (and I've confirmed that, despite the pledge level saying "free worldwide shipping"...it isn't). Given the parlous state of the $A, that makes one single copy about $60, or one of the four-pack about $37. For a 100-card solo-deckbuilder...

Ideally, I'd like one (or four!) of you to buy it. Then realise you don't like it, and I pick it up from you for a song in a trade / Maths Trade / Cancon B&B table / .... So go on. You know you want to. Leave me out of it.

Failing that...any takers? Sigh. If it goes ahead, usual deal (Canberra pickup/delivery, POD is fine, etc.).

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HA! I totally called this (in my head). Saw this last night and thought "that looks ok" but I can't really afford to pony up for group pledges at the moment. Then I thinks to myself "this is a bit like that other game that Dave Low organised the group pledge for...he will crack soon...patience Grasshopper"

Sign me up Dependable Dave!

Sneaky Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keen for this one, they had me at solo. Sign me up.
Thanks for organizing.
Ps. When/if I leave the dusty halls of academia and earn some actual money I pledge to organize more these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So....are we the only three completely mad people here? I find that hard to believe, given past behaviour whistle

I'm going to leave this open for a while longer. I may have already pledged for the 4-pack. I may be so completely and utterly bonkers that if we don't get another taker, I'll suck up the 4th copy myself.

Campaign doesn't finish for another three weeks (4th April), so plenty of time to find another lunatic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a look at it, but I didn't jump as 1. it's a deck builder and apart from Star Realms I just don't get into them (Friday is solo and I find it tedious and boring), and 2. there seemed to be a lot of upkeep from a quick run through the rules, which for a solo card game turned me off it.

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
dlow wrote:
So....are we the only three completely mad people here? I find that hard to believe, given past behaviour whistle

It's very tempting -- Friday is literally the only pure deckbuilder I like -- but the second Myth Kickstarter started yesterday and it is a black hole to consume all available gaming funds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Newman
Australia
Seabrook
Victoria
flag msg tools
I'm actually in Victoria but...I'd be willing to jump in on your group & pay for shipping to myself at a later stage.
If your willing to take an eager foreigner of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaTimberwolf wrote:
I'm actually in Victoria but...I'd be willing to jump in on your group & pay for shipping to myself at a later stage.

Consider yourself included! If you come to your senses, and want to pull out before it ends (or once you find out the shipping on-cost), I won't hold it against you

And unlike Lebut, I won't charge a $1000 fee to visit the Post Office... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Newman
Australia
Seabrook
Victoria
flag msg tools
dlow wrote:
DaTimberwolf wrote:

Consider yourself included! If you come to your senses, and want to pull out before it ends (or once you find out the shipping on-cost), I won't hold it against you

And unlike Lebut, I won't charge a $1000 fee to visit the Post Office... whistle

Doesn't bother me, by my calculations, even if the postage to myself is $10-15 it still comes out cheaper than going in for a single copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we have been billed. Pledge was USD90 plus USD20 shipping, which the CBA converted to $145.06 (at 0.758307) plus a $4.35 fee. Divided four ways, that's $37.35 each. Daniel - we'll work yours out once it arrives, since projected "Nov 2015" means there might be some CANCON-type handover of good possible.

Payment on delivery is fine - if money is burning a hole in your pocket, you can EFT to the usual account (GM for details if required). Oh, and if you win PowerBall between now and payment, your required payment increases by a factor of 100 arrrh - so, go win PowerBall, and we'll both be happy!

dlow - PAID (duh) and Archived
Lebut - PAID and delivered
DHunter - PAID and collected from Lebut
DaTimberwolf - PAID (posted to the still insane foreigner)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Supporter page is up, if you want to see your name in lights

http://stratamaxgames.com/airborne-commander/722-2/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The (Screaming) Eagles have landed

Dave and Dean: will you be at GLOG on Saturday? If so, I can pass yours over then.

Daniel: let me know (GM best, probably) the best way to get yours to you. If you're going to be at CANCON, a handover is possible; if you just want it mailed, let me know the address, I'll package it up, and let you know the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be storming the beaches at GLOG on Sat Dave!

EDIT - actually it would be more appropriate if i parachuted behind enemy lines!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be out at GLOG too Dave, thanks. Your $$ will arrive by carrier pigeon before 0800 tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'll be at GLOG around 1pm tomorrow - see you both there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaTimberwolf wrote:
dlow wrote:
DaTimberwolf wrote:

Doesn't bother me, by my calculations, even if the postage to myself is $10-15 it still comes out cheaper than going in for a single copy.

Daniel - hoping this triggers your subscriptions, because you haven't replied to any of my GM's over the last month!

AusPost say they delivered your copy a month ago. I would like you to confirm, and sort out payment.

Regards,

David.

PS - if anyone reading this knows Daniel personally, could they please get in touch? He's been logging in to BGG almost every day, but not posting/replying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bet that $1000 flat fee is looking good right now :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Halloween approaching, a thread rises from the dead...

StrataMax Games have just launched Airborne Commander: SNAFU on KS. It's a 10-card expansion for Airborne Commander (duh). Cost is USD10 with free shipping. I'm going to get one - there doesn't appear to be any discount for getting multiples, but if anyone else is interested, yell and I'll find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.