BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Math is Hard - Rules Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Main
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel like this game doesn't quite have enough going on at the moment. Perhaps adding some other mechanic to the game like special ability cards or special actions if you attain certain pairings of numbers would provide more options for players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I see your point. Also right now it is hard to get going... Need to decide how best to make the early turns a little more productive and give the players some more choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a card element. When a player rolls doubles (or the symbol on one die and the opposite number, 1 or 6, on the other die) then they may claim an Operation card matching that roll, table in the updated rules, and the die faces will be shown on the cards. The player can apply an Operations card that they control at the end of any turn. A player may only control one Operations card at a time, and only one player may control any given Operations card at a time.

I think that this will add depth to the early game especially, as each player has this added choice of "do I go for the highest roll on each die? Or do I keep the pair and claim the card?"

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I realized that this should be in the WIP forum, so I started a thread there. Mods, please close this one and I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ach! You've gone and deleted the orginal post! It's always best to leave it there for future reference, as now the thread looks "wrong".

Good on you for moving to the WIP forum, but I don't think it is a hanging offence to put this sort of stuff here by mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.