Subject: Structural Engineer and Penny Pincher and Drover and Alchemist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Structural Engineer
"Tuck buildings you buy under the top of your character card so the action space is covered, Their action can't be used by anyone, but they are worth 1 point at the end of the game."

Does this basically mean that no player (including the Structural Engineer) can place their player pawn on any of the Buildings the Structural Engineer buys? (Well, they could place their player pawn there but there'd be no point to it.) And that the Structural Engineer can possibly score as many as 5 extra points at the end of the game assuming he/she bought 5 buildings?

Just want to be sure I'm not missing something here. (I just find the wording of the ability strange; it might have been more clear if it simply said players can't place their pawns on the SE's purchased buildings.)

Penny Pincher
Say, the Penny Pincher ships $10 and buys an $8 card.
Subsequently, the Penny Pincher ships $10 and buys another $8 card.
Can the Penny Pincher now keep both of these Buildings sideways and possibly gain $2 toward the purchase of a 3rd Building?

Actually, after reading it again, the ability says in a future buy a building action, you may turn a building upright to gain $1 towards your purchase. Since it reads "a building" as opposed to "one or more buildings," I now suspect you're limited to $1 off the price of a new building even if you have 2 or more buildings turned sideways.

Though I suppose if you did, you could use the first building to buy a 3rd building worth $8 by shipping $7 worth of goods and then use the second building to buy a 4th building worth $9 by shipping $8 worth of goods.

Drover
If the Drover adjusts the price of Livestock per his ability, does he actually swap the tokens on the Market Board (the Livestock token and an adjacent token) or does he only adjust the price of Livestock for his own benefit?

Alchemist
Just to be clear, the Alchemist ability allows him to give up 3 goods (2 of which have to be the same type) to gain 1 good of an entirely different type. Does that sound right?

Whew! Sorry for all the edits, but I thought this was going to be a simple question about the Structural Engineer and as I was reviewing the different characters, multiple questions kept popping up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Your understanding of the Structural Engineer is correct.

Penny Pincher can use multiple sideways-buildings towards a single purchase.

Drover actually changes the market marker.

The Alchemist spends 1 good. Then, he converts 2 goods (of a single type) to 2 goods (of a different single type).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
truekid wrote:
Your understanding of the Structural Engineer is correct.

Penny Pincher can use multiple sideways-buildings towards a single purchase.

Drover actually changes the market marker.

The Alchemist spends 1 good. Then, he converts 2 goods (of a single type) to 2 goods (of a different single type).

Thanks! I misread the Alchemist. That's a better deal, spending 3 for 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.