Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw in a previous thread that the dragon in solo play does NOT draw an extra card on turns that he is recovering from a retreat.
This makes me wonder if he is supposed to be keeping 6 cards in hand at all during the game. There are many circumstances which could allow him to do so.
Examples to illustrate my point:

1 - Dragon uses deep breath to attack me. Does he draw a 6th card and end with 6 cards in hand?
2 - I attack the dragon. He draws an extra card, but is unable to block my attack at all, but he still has 1 hit left. Does he go into his next turn with 6 cards, and draw a 7th card at the beginning of that turn?

My gut instinct is that the dragon discards the extra card in situation 2, and doesn't draw a card at all if he will be attacking with deep breath. But I was wondering what the official ruling was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I might not fully understand this question, but these principles should answer all questions like this:

The bot refills to 5 cards if it has fewer than 5. If it has 5 or more then ignore the "refill to 5" instruction. If it has 6 cards for example, then "refill to 5" does nothing and it still has 6. There is no rule about discarding cards if it has too many. Anything that says to draw a card really means it though, so it's definitely possible to have more than 5 in various ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it!
For example, if I am 3 spaces from the dragon, he will first draw a card to begin his turn (putting him at 6 cards total). He will then activate his Deep Breath ability. Assuming I block it, he will end his turn with 6 cards.
Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yeah that's right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Great game by the way.
And I've been playing with what I think is the new deck mechanic (based on forum posts)... 8 of each card, remove 5 secretly at the beginning of each round, no final hits at the end. I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
That's great to hear. I've been playing it too and I like it a lot more this way too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been meaning to try the solo mode with the new deck mechanic, will get mine in tomorrow now it is the weekend.

Deathstrike Dragon would be interesting under the new deck mechanism, because he has 2 health it went to timeout a lot. I am keen to try and knock him out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.