Popular Tags: [View All]
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

If I trade for a copy of the First Edition of the Base Game + Upgrade Kit, is there anything that I need to watch out for/be aware of if I get any of the expansions, particularly Outer Belt and Factions?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of anything that would be off with that combination. You'd have all of the plastic colonies. You might be missing an Alien Tech card or two like the Mind Control Helmet, but that's definitely not game breaking. As far as I know the card sizes and colors are pretty much the same so wouldn't stand out when you mix in Factions or Outer Belt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
The card backs are slightly different between all editions if I remember right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have everything, Janus. There may be a slight difference in the shade of blue on the back of the Tech Cards as the various sets have been printed at different times, but when I've played with my cards all mixed, I've not really noticed much variance.

- Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick feedback all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
janus19390 wrote:
Hi all,

If I trade for a copy of the First Edition of the Base Game + Upgrade Kit, is there anything that I need to watch out for/be aware of if I get any of the expansions, particularly Outer Belt and Factions?

Thanks in advance!

There is one small issue. In later editions each orbital station has an icon that represents it printed next to it on the board. Later expansions will sometimes use this icon as a shorthand to refer to that orbital station. You probably wont have any trouble figuring out which icon represents each station but it is a slight hiccup you should be aware of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if we could get some stickers printed up for those of us who bought the earlier version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.