Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited to see the metal pieces until I took a closer look and saw 30 gold and 6 platinum pieces. This boasts a 5 player set. What are these platinum pieces? I think Id rather see 50 gold pieces and pay a bit more, but not have to pay $100 to get 60 gold pieces an a lot of needless others. But seriously, what are the platinum pieces? I may still be converted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 platinum = 5 gold. That is my thought anyway, since the plat coins have a 5 on them. So for a 2P game, you could hand out 1 plat and 3 gold, for 3 or more 1 plat and 5 gold or what not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I hate those platnium coins. The fives are obtrusive and ugly compared to the standard coin. The five is hideously garish and looks superimposed.

This is compounded by the fact that the RDI coin is one of the best I have seen, with the semiceltic knotwork dragons and heads and tail design.

I hate being hand fed. How hard would it realy be to remember the platinum coin is worth 5?

Most coin kickstarters I have seen fall in to this same trap of putting denominations on th he coins... ruining the look and theme is the process. I was really hoping RDI would break that cycle as the coins are a spectacular design.

It is no wonder they don't post them to the kickstarter. They would lose pledges.

Seriously that five ruins it.

Edit: Look At It! It is terrible, it blocks most of the heads and tails icons it is so massivly repulsive.

Edit 2: Biggest disapointment of any ks Coin because the coin was nearing perfection then someone had a big turd on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hodge
msg tools
Denominations are fine, but not that big. They should be worked into the design, not plastered all over it. You can get 200 metal "gold doubloons", quarter size but thicker, for $42.95 on Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.