Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jun Hu
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmb
In basic 2p game, 2-5 is the best starter because you can build a cube in your first turn. (or 2-6 in advanced maps)
Followed by 3-4 or 1-6, may build in turn 2.
If there was "curious" available(or Conformist with 2-2-5/2-5-5), he can expand fast before opponent's fleet getting close.

Rule 1:
The one with the lowest ship total decides who to go first, and the first player's opponent may choose one of that player's dices and reroll it.

Rule 2:
At the start of game, reveal four commands instead of three.
The first time when a command is bought, opponent discards one of the commands before picking a card. (still 3 available in later turns)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li Ming
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in basic 2player game, 2-5 is so strong.

My advice(house rule):
You can't do construct action in the 1st round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never felt that the first player is unbalanced. If you are first is mean that you have low numbers and so your opponent should be faster. Also being able to construct on your first turn is not that a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin McCormick
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I think that many of the 2 player games I've played got out of hand too quickly with the cards. I know even some of the 3 player game got a bit out of hand, but were still competitive with that other player helping out. In my last 2 games... 1 early card has made all the difference in the game, ending my opponent's chances to mount ANY kind of comeback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
hyf934 wrote:
In basic 2p game, 2-5 is the best starter because you can build a cube in your first turn.

I've only played on BGA, only a few games, but in the games I've played, no player could build a cube on first turn--they'd first have to use at least two actions to move two ships to another planet, leaving not enough action points left for the cube construction.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jwreschnig wrote:
Speusippus wrote:
hyf934 wrote:
In basic 2p game, 2-5 is the best starter because you can build a cube in your first turn.

I've only played on BGA, only a few games, but in the games I've played, no player could build a cube on first turn--they'd first have to use at least two actions to move two ships to another planet, leaving not enough action points left for the cube construction.

What am I missing?

The flagship can move two ships for one action.

Yup - and the flagship can pick up and drop off it's cargo on diagonal squares. So in one move it can pick up, move, and drop so that both ships are in orbital position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bago
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could you pls clarify why 2-5 is bettet than 3-4? Why can't you build a quantum cube with 3-4 in the first round? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pieper
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
sarruken wrote:
Could you pls clarify why 2-5 is bettet than 3-4? Why can't you build a quantum cube with 3-4 in the first round? Thanks!

2-5:

Action 1: 2 picks up 5, moves into orbital position, drops 5 into orbital position
Actions 2+3: Construct Quantum cube

3-4:

Action 1: 3 moves into orbital position
Action 2: 4 moves into orbital position
(Can't construct Quantum cube, only one action left)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.