Popular Tags: rss [+] [View All]
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that some posts are missing from my Google Reader feed of Leonardo da Vinci (specifically, the last two posts from the "Assigning the Invention" thread in the Variants forum). My theory is that either they were in the RSS feed for a short while but Google Reader did not update the feed during that window of time, or that they were never in the RSS feed because BGG did not update the feed during the time that those posts were among the 10 most recent thread posts. How often does the feed get generated? Is it guaranteed that every thread post will show up in the feed at some point, or is it possible that some will be missed if there are more than 10 posts in a certain time frame? My suggestion would be to not have a hard limit, but to always include at least all the posts since the last time the feed was generated (with perhaps a minimum of 10). Or if this is already true, I will see if I can get Google Reader to check the feed more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.