Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

So I love BattleCon, but I don't get to play it nearly enough. I think the main reason is portability. I mostly go to other people's houses to play, and I take public transport. I mean I can easily grab some fighters and put them in my bag, no problem. But the board. It's a good quality board but I don't think it would last if I keep throwing it in my bag without a box.

Does level 99 sell a roll up board (similar to the new boards for Summoner Wars Alliances), or do they have a PnP for the board so that I could make my own?

Best,
Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three options - either go through the Files section for one of the Card Deck boards which are designed to break down into a half dozen cards for easy travel, or go to the Level 99 store for the BattleCON play mats, costing $25 plus shipping, or you could go all out for the Tournament Kit, which gives you a whole bunch of stuff (including 4 play mats) - but will run you $180 dollars.
The latter two are available from their online store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either of the playmats (available through the level99 store) might do the trick. Or in the same vein, you could print out your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, the playmats in the online store are listed as unavailable. You may be able to email Lvl99 to see if they have any unlisted ones though. Otherwise, they should be getting some new half-mats once Fate and War finally arrive.

Also - I believe the upcoming Fate of Indines will come with a portable board (made of cards?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a printable board that fits on four cards. I end up using these more than the board that came with the game.

Portable Game Board (four, standard sized cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I take a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, hold it in half, and draw 7 spaces on it. That's all you really need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Fate actually comes with a card-based board that you can use for this purpose, in order to carry everything in your pocket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what Fate uses for hit points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Biggs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
I wonder what Fate uses for hit points.

All you'd need is a token to slide along a track like the War board used

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.