Subject: Threat to Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. Mileta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it possible to target Ibrahim Pasha with this card if he is currently fighting a foreign war (Revolt in Egypt)?

We are in dilemma considering "on map" restriction - is he "on map" and does this have to do with Threat to Power.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Foreign War cards are not "on map".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhovijalno wrote:
Is it possible to target Ibrahim Pasha with this card if he is currently fighting a foreign war (Revolt in Egypt)?

We are in dilemma considering "on map" restriction - is he "on map" and does this have to do with Threat to Power.

Thank you

I don't know where the "on map" restriction would be coming from.

The card text itself has no such restrictions and I don't remember any reason why it should be in place.

Card Manifest, Threat to Power wrote:
Target one minor army leader (Charles Brandon, Duke of Alva, Montmorency, or Ibrahim Pasha). Roll a die. On a "1", "2" or "3", remove from play for the rest of the current turn. On a "4", "5" of "6", remove from play for the rest of the game. Returning leaders are placed in their capital if possible. If not, place them in a friendly home key.

Could you help me out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "on map" restriction comes from the Threat to Power entry in Ed's FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
The "on map" restriction comes from the Threat to Power entry in Ed's FAQ.

Thanks. In this case I have to concur and he probably shouldn't be a legal target in a foreign war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Mileta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you:

@turbothy and Joel for answers and Joel for supplement - I actually couldn't remember where I read that.

@chris for beeing in the same dilemma - it's comforting when you are not the only one in it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense as sending a general who was a threat to the ruler's power out to lead a campaign far from home was a common way of reducing said threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Woodham
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet it doesn't make historical sense since Suleiman had Ibrahim assassinated while he was fighting the War in Persia. Which is the point of the picture on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Mileta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now when you gave this historical context, it would be meaningful to hear from Ed on this one. Although I would like to play by the rules, it would feel kinda odd not being able to mimic historical events to which image alludes ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.