Subject: A sneeky peek at some of the rulebook pages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Thought you might appreciate a sneek peek at 4 pages from the rule book. They are not quite finished yet - the barbed wire and crater tokens are being changed and finally proofing has not occured yet (so please, no prizes for spotting spelling or syntax errors!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good! Do the numbers of the targeting template represent the number of dice to roll, or range perhaps??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested, but the lack of a complete rule book will probably hold me back from backing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
Looking good! Do the numbers of the targeting template represent the number of dice to roll, or range perhaps??

given the numbering from 1-6, it looks like a directional scatter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we were told no prizes for spotting spelling/syntax errors, but regarding content... Why use the infantry symbol when showing the firing range for machine guns and mortars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
@contemptus Mundi - the numbers on the targeting template relate to the scatter of shot ie which surrounding hexes they fall in. The number of dice relates to the strength of your reserve artillery and how many HQ points you have spent on that bombardment. 2 numbers rolled the same mean on target hex and any single numbers fall on surrounding hexes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, very cool... Thank you. Looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geneaber wrote:
Very interested, but the lack of a complete rule book will probably hold me back from backing this.

You can see just from the KS front page it's 95% bog standard C&C.
You must be terrified of the other 5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

Price is quite steep to back not knowing if it will be different enough from the other C&C games to justify. I am concerned that it could be nothing more than M44 with WWII minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

Funny one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geneaber wrote:
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

Price is quite steep to back not knowing if it will be different enough from the other C&C games to justify. I am concerned that it could be nothing more than M44 with WWII minis.

Several posts have indicated a lot of changes from Memoir '44. From memory,

- trenches
- no man's land and shelling
- HQ tokens (kind of like Samurai Battles honor and fortune)
- Off board artillery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

I think Gene is just attempting to goad Mr Townshend into posting the rules. I hope Gene is successful ninja

On a more serious note, I do think posting the rules will have a positive effect on the endeavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geneaber wrote:
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

They are all pretty (very very) similar, with different era figures. Doesn't detract from the enjoyment. The system is the safe comfort blanket that can encompass many eras. A few tweaks for era specifics are fine. There are only so many types of different 'modern era' weapons to simulate. I personally think WWi will feel more battle cry with trenches than memoir.
But either way I know I'm going to enjoy myself, and my 9yr old will listen eagerly to another history lesson from his old man!

I understand caution when deciding where gaming doubloons are going to be handed over. If Ancients and memoir are as much as you want to be invested in the C&C system, then fair enough. Some games may stand or fall due to its rules. This one however, is as safe a bet as you are going to find in a KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:
hans4rd wrote:
geneaber wrote:

They are all pretty (very very) similar, with different era figures. Doesn't detract from the enjoyment. The system is the safe comfort blanket that can encompass many eras. A few tweaks for era specifics are fine. There are only so many types of different 'modern era' weapons to simulate. I personally think WWi will feel more battle cry with trenches than memoir.
But either way I know I'm going to enjoy myself, and my 9yr old will listen eagerly to another history lesson from his old man!

I understand caution when deciding where gaming doubloons are going to be handed over. If Ancients and memoir are as much as you want to be invested in the C&C system, then fair enough. Some games may stand or fall due to its rules. This one however, is as safe a bet as you are going to find in a KS

Agree that it's a safe bet. I've completed C&C Ancients. I enjoy M44 but have not completed. Lack of battleback is a severe shortcoming in my opinion.

My next step is likely Napoleonics but I'm going to keep a close eye on this one. Very interested in the period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you have hrs of fun ahead yet then! Who am I to accuse you of being a fickle C&C'er anyhoo: I have owned memoir 3 times now!
My lad being old enough to understand and enjoy it, has finally made me appreciate it. I found that to many scenarios to be too far one sided. This is not so important when you are helping along your little gamers in the making.
My go to is still BC. But i would buy ancients in a heartbeat if i could find a serious committed like minded gaming bud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I own Memoir '44, Battle Cry (both editions), C&C Ancients, BattleLore, C&C Napoleonics, & Samurai Battles. And all expansions and promos for all of them. This was an automatic buy for me.

Would I like the rules? Of course! But it has zero impact on me purchasing this. It is more for curiosity at this point. Enough has already been stated - with HQ tokens, Combat decks, different handling of terrain and dice results, period-specific rules including appropriate artillery rules - makes this unique enough while still retaining enough of the systems already present in the rest of the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I own Memoir '44, Battle Cry (both editions), C&C Ancients, BattleLore, C&C Napoleonics, & Samurai Battles. And all expansions and promos for all of them. This was an automatic buy for me.

So jealous. Quite the collection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geneaber wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

So jealous. Quite the collection!

Yeah, you should see his warehouse...I mean basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.