Subject: Star Wars IA & X-Wing Campaign - HELP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Henderson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need help thinking through the details of a game where, half the players would be playing IA and half would be playing X-Wing.

A Reenactment of the scene in SW where Han lead a strike team to disable the shield generator (IA) and the rest of the group would be battling it out in space (X-Wing) waiting to attack a target inside the shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they going to be playing simultaneously? And how many sessions did you want it to last? Will the winners of one game affect the outcome of the next (i.e. if the Rebels win X-Wing, will the Rebels in IA have a bonus next mission?)

And lastly, I'm not sure you can do an Endor campaign, since we don't have Ewoks in IA yet

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'd talked about doing a tiered game where we do an Imperial Assault scenario to steal some data or rescue some prisoners, an X-Wing game where we leave the planet and have to get through Imperial defenses to rendezvous with our cruiser, and an Armada game where we have to break through an Imperial blockade to complete our escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Henderson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This was going to be a single session (3-5 hours). My plan was to set up the IA battle as a group of rebels breaking into the base to disable the shield generators.

The second phase would be an XWing battle where:

A. if the shields are down, destroy the target
B. if the shields are not down, the rebels have to get to a jump point

If we had more time, I was going to add a few of the steps you were referring to...take a shuttle to get thru a blockade to get to the surface...run the IA mission for the shield generators...either destroy the target or rescue the prisoners and escape...

But I don't have time so its just a simple IA mission where the outcome decides what type of mission is played on the X-Wing side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeatenPotatoes wrote:

B. if the shields are not down, the rebels have to get to a jump point

This could be cool and dice based.
Set up a grid for the course of the entire board or have a few randomly placed letter coded markers. (a-1 b-1 a-2 b-2)

Each round, a rebel ship may take an action to perform an astrogation check. (I'm a huge fan of the FFG SW RPG) after each check, they know one thing about which section of the board they need to be in to get their team out.

I like the idea of having a small deck of Letters and numbers and they have to eliminate rows in order to jump out. Each turn they draw either a letter or a number and they will know that those are NOT the right spot to jump out. Whatever is left in the deck (by process of elimination) is the right spot to land in to jump away and that way the imperial player doesn't know and can't camp out in that spot to wreck the rebel forces as they go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Henderson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like this idea! Up until the point at which the team finally knows the jump point, they will be flying around the board buying time.

The other thought I had was, to give the guys on the ground options as well...if they couldn't succeed at disabling the shields, they could alternatively, find a computer to tap into and retrieve whatever data they could find about the shield itself. (Also using a computers check from SW RPG)

Perhaps they find a hole in the shield that is on a timer for traffic in an out but its only a secret that imperial forces keep. Kinda like a back door or something.

This would be relayed to the X-Wing team who can then maneuver to the spot to gain entry to the planet (and the target).

Options...its all about options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.