Popular Tags: [View All]
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1.Are leaders built at 0 or 1 step?
2.If the US builds a convoy, does Russia get the PP the same turn?
3.How many built units can be placed in a factory per turn?
4.Do airborne units ignore border limits on retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. At 0 step
2. No - I got an answer from Columbia
3. Stacking limit applies.
4. No, once they land they count for stacking and border limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dworkin
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your reply stated that, as to aircraft, 'once they land they count for stackignand border limits." I understand the concept of counting towards stacking limits, but I don't understand how 'once they land' they can count for border limits. By definition, won't they be status once landed and, thus, not crossing any borders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to paratrooper units that once they drop in a battle they are considered on the ground and count for border limits if forced to retreat (per the OP's question).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

I assume you are referring to question 4:
4.Do airborne units ignore border limits on retreat?

The key here is 'on retreat'. Airborne units do not count against border limits when they 'fly' in, but once they are on the ground they are infantry and count for stacking if forced to retreat.

For example: If the attacker moved in over a forest border (limit 1 ground unit), and added an airdrop, but failed to defeat all defending ground units by round 2, both attacking units would have to retreat. Assuming the forest border was the only available retreat route, either the ground unit or the airborne would be destroyed as only one unit can retreat across that forest border.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dworkin
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's a very helpful comment .

I had thought the question and response were focused on aircraft, not on airborne troops. By the way, the word 'status' in my note should have been 'static).'

But I forgot that airborne trops, after landing might later retreat, (or exploit, I suppose). doing so might, indeed, turn 'static' into motion again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.