Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is thinking of taking a job there. Worried about my gaming life! Any gamers live in or near Sedona/Village of Oak Creek? (I'm sure Flagstaff and Phoenix are active, but looking for closer gamers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I can't speak for Sedona, but in Southern Arizona we have a really nice gaming community down here in Tucson. Any fan of Thomas Pynchon is always welcome, should you visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Southern Arizona seems more active than Phoenix and Tempe, to be honest. I also love Thomas Pynchon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a sizable group in Tempe / Phoenix hosted at the UAT. Mix bunch of war gamers, euro players and some that cross the line. There is also two gaming conventions in Tempe / Mesa - CONSIM is in June and is primarily intended for monster war games but there are several of us euro / war players that attend and play. The other is MaricopaCON (I think) it was on kickstarter last month.

We meet (typically) the 2nd and 4th SAT of each month. Still probably a 2 hr drive from Sedona.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Gorski
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get my Mac and iOS software for Traveller at http://naasirka.weebly.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Look in the Toolbar under Misc>Find Users.

There's only 14 of us listed in the Prescott area but there is a thriving gaming club here besides the usual private game circles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Thomas
United States
Cottonwood
Arizona (AZ)
flag msg tools
I live in Cottonwood, about 12 minutes from Sedona. But we all work in Sedona. If you have moved here give a buzz. We are also new here and looking for more gamers and fun people

Cell: 928.451.6698 BrandonWThomas@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Daniels
United States
Sedona
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I’ve now moved to Village of Oak Creek (4 Miles south of Sedona proper). Phone is 702-910-6023.

I play a number of board games, chess, and wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may also want to look into AZ Games on meetup - covers greater Phoenix area, plus in two weeks there’s RinCon (3-day annual event in Tucson) if you can take time off. Hope you find some local gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Daniels
United States
Sedona
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this it?

----------------

RINCON 2018 - TUCSON, AZ
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2018 - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2018

HERE BE DRAGONS!

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
5151 East Grant Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85712

The theme this year is dragons, so get ready for epic adventures! Come in your best dragon themed cosplay, run a themed game, paint a dragonslayer, or bring your hero to defeat the dragon. Of course, we’ll also have our outstanding lineup of tournaments, special programming, boardgames, RPGs, and miniatures games, as well as our Kids’ Track programming for gamers 6 and up. So, bring the whole family and enjoy a weekend of gaming, camaraderie, and spectacle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes.

About half the tables are unscheduled gaming, so don’t be misled by the those listed as full. They’ve made positive changes this year, including AZ Game Faire’s table for Hot Games from GenCon. They’ve also improved the options for onsite food options, but there are several options within a few blocks. If you go to the page for the Tucson guild or search the event on BGG you’ll also find a long list of games up for trade. In fact I should head over and add some to the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Gorski
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get my Mac and iOS software for Traveller at http://naasirka.weebly.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrecktang1e wrote:
RINCON 2018 - TUCSON, AZ
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2018 - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2018

I made the trip down to RinCon once and enjoyed it. Looks like its in a much better part of town now. I decided not to go this year because the list of games being offered didn't appeal to me this year.

About the same driving distance away (for you) is:

https://www.dicetowerwest.com

It looks fabulous with some serious guests and publishers present. I couldn't go on those dates this coming year and now I see that its already SOLD OUT. Keep an eye out for this one next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorry you’re not coming down, Art.

It is a much better facility and location for RinCon.

As for the games, the more I play the harder it is to find those new games that surprise me. One thing you might not have noticed is the AZ Game Fair table. I’m not sure what they’re bringing from their Gen Con trip, but it’s listed.

Personally, we agree and I’d like to see more board game choices. I actually set up a Geeklist in advance and asked people what they wanted to see at the con, but people didn’t post until the past few weeks.

By the way, the spring con in Mesa/Phoenix is also closer to Sedona.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.