United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game situation questions

With Savages ongoing (attacks trigger when leaving lineup) -- I purchased the card that gives a weakness to everyone and if one or more foes do not gain a weakness, draw a card [forgot name]
1) If someone did defend it, would I draw the card or is it not considered mine yet?
2) If (1) is yes…but I use a defense as the attack is triggered on me as well, do I get to draw a card
**What we did/rule = no draw card when I defended it as the card says foes (but then again, the cards weren’t made together) . I’d still say no draw card if someone else defended against it, but not sure.

Star Sapphire superhero
- Does using an equipment defense (ex: Skeets or the defense ring) trigger her power?
**What we did/rule = yes. We figured it was equipment being played. Since other powers specifically say ‘on your turn’ that her power could be used on other turns in the form of defense equipment. Some were quite against this thinking though.

Superpower that can be any color
- The card basically states this card can be any color: green (weakness), blue (hero), red (villain), orange (super power), violet (location, I always thought it was pink), and indigo (???)
- Color question = which type of card is represented as indigo???
**What we did/rule = no idea; figured it was either (a) future card, (b) flavor, (c) or least likely misprint [as it can’t be gray/equipment, but then the card name probably wouldn’t fit]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say since Star Sapphire says 'any time' with no caveat, any time means any time.

I'm curious about Indigo as well. I'd welcome a new card type to jazz things up more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vandal Savage
The game is resolving the Attack card from Vandal Savage's effect. So, no one would draw a card from resolving Black Lantern Corps' effect.

Star Sapphire
Defending an Attack is not the same as playing a card. Revealing or Discarding a Defense card is doing just that. It is not playing it. Playing a card is putting it into play and resolving its play effect.

Channeling the Emotional Spectrum
There currently is not a card type with the Indigo color.
Note: While each card type has a specific color, a card having a certain color doesn't give it that card type. A Hero card is blue, but a card being blue does not make it a Hero. So, this card is always a Super Power, but it can be any of the rainbow colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Savage -- figured. Glad we played it correctly

Star Sapphire -- bah! That is what I was afraid of -- that using a defense wasn't the same as playing the card [majority ruled this one incorrectly]. Dang, I figured we got that one correct considering her power is a bit ho-hum (though it has it's benefits to cycle through a deck)

CtES -- oh yeah, figured colors and types are not one. Just wanted to an example of a Indigo colored card.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Side question regarding Savage...
If white lantern Deadman uses his power and Savage is in hand of the targeted player, can Deadman even use that card?
**We played that it would be pointless as the card text is mainly, play and keep it in front of you so ongoings have no effect. But thinking about it I guess he would just be a +2 and then goes back to the other person after it's played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... Play and reveal. I have to remember to keep those terms straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ice Man
United States
Oak Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
Star Sapphire
Defending an Attack is not the same as playing a card. Revealing or Discarding a Defense card is doing just that. It is not playing it. Playing a card is putting it into play and resolving its play effect.

So when the rules refer to playing a defense card in response to an attack, they don't actually mean that you're playing the defense card?

You're gonna have to errata Star Sapphire to say something about putting the equipment into play if that's how it should be *ahem* played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Wampameat wrote:
So when the rules refer to playing a defense card in response to an attack, they don't actually mean that you're playing the defense card?

You're gonna have to errata Star Sapphire to say something about putting the equipment into play if that's how it should be *ahem* played.

Defense cards say "discard/reveal," which is not playing.

I will remove the word "play" from the rulebook section regarding Defenses to make this more clear.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ice Man
United States
Oak Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Cause the idea makes sense, it's just the paragraph about attacks and defenses contradicts it by saying something like, "You may only play one defense card in response to an attack."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.