Hide
1 Posts

Clippers» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
William, feeling under the weather, decided to leave us so we were back down to four players. I had brought along Clippers, so I taught the game to newbies Shari and Wes and we started laying our routes.

This was a great game of Clippers. The newbies caught on fast and there were lots of very good strategic moves. Shari made a particularly spectacular move, using the 5x to get a new route to one of the 8 point islands that had three of her port markers for 24 points. The rest of us completely missed it – Joe was cursing himself as he could have easily blocked the move, but didn’t notice it (I was cursing him too). The game was great right up until the last route was placed.

In the end, Joe came out the winner with Shari, I and Wes in close pursuit.

Score:

*Joe* - 185
Shari – 173
Rick – 169
Wes – 151

Ratings:

Joe – 8
Shari – Didn’t get her rating, but probably and 8
Rick – 9
Wes – 8 but could have been a 9

Wes’s rating was based on the fact that his 8 point port was Australia, in the southern part of the board, whereas the rest of us had the three northern ports. Of course what ended up happening was that the rest of us conspired to move all the routes to the northern part of the board which left Wes in the lurch. He felt this was a bit of a disadvantage, otherwise he would have given the game a 9.

I was aware of this problem, but forgot about it until midway through the game. In our next four player game we’ll use the countries that have the two north ports and the two south ports and leave out the country with the middle port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.