United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
www.garrettsgames.com
badge
This week's podcast - Circus Flohcati, Pi Mal Pflaumen, and Pack O Games Set 2
mbmbmbmbmb
Short episode where Shelley and I discuss three of the new Essen releases - Greentown, Hameln, and Taluva. Subscribe at www.garrettsgames.com, and send your comments to either this list OR garrettsgames@mac.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just listened, great episode, thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest of your Essen acquisitions, like Hermagor, Die Saulen der Erde, Factory Fun, etc.

P.S. Do you know if there is some way to see a photo of these new China and Hansa maps online?

---

I was going to post this under the thread for Episode 38, but figured it might be better for me to just post it here. I've had no problems downloading any of the episodes before, but when Episode 38 downloaded via iTunes it was only 3 minutes and 32 seconds. It was a good three and a half minutes, so I'm definitely interested in hearing the rest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug,

Did you not get copies of the R&D Games? I didn't hear you mention Reef Encounters of the Second Kind or Fowl Play. I remember you mentioning preordering them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
www.garrettsgames.com
badge
This week's podcast - Circus Flohcati, Pi Mal Pflaumen, and Pack O Games Set 2
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Michael Schacht's own website http://spiele-aus-timbuktu.de/ has the China Map for download. I WILL take pictures of the boards side by side when we play them.

I'll check the download for #38.

Jonathan:
The R&D games are coming via shipment that should show up any day now. I'll tell you all about them as soon as I can.

Doug
www.garrettsgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Taluva isn't all that great at all. At least your initial playing of it wasn't. Perhaps 2nd times the charm. Here's hoping that a pretty game has some substance to it. Now you two go get some sleep and quit partying on the weekends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The China map has been available for some time at the designer's site. I played with the new map this weekend. It adds a bit of additional scoring and improves China but I'd still rather play KuK. The Hansa map has a few changes with some of the cities have places for 3 piles of goods and others changed to only one pile of goods. Tha map also lists the variants for the extra card given away last year and a variant to pay extra to go against the wind. I had my maps cold laminated and they turned out pretty nice.

Taluva I liked, I could see the potential for kingmaker problems, but I like it anyway, but don't ask Chris Brooks his opinion. Factory fun is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.