United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings All,
Game Salute announced and launched a campaign to determine interest in producing an Alien Frontiers Big Box!

As we've released more and more expansions for Alien Frontiers over the past nearly 5 years since it originally released (yep, we're coming up on the 5th anniversary of Alien Frontiers - crazy!), we've had requests from a fair number of folks who were interested in getting everything all at once. Inspired by Big Boxes from some of our favorite games, we wanted to see if there was really demand for getting all the Alien Frontiers awesomeness into one BIG BOX!

This campaign is designed to help us answer that question. We've come up with the best deal ever on Alien Frontiers altogether.

So let us know if you're interested by pledging. We made up some combo levels to help keep the cost per unit of this MASSIVE box as low as possible, so if you're overseas especially, or if you're a store looking to get in on this limited edition Big Box, those levels are perfect for you.

This will be a nice short campaign to help determine the interest level. If it succeeds, we'll proceed to production and we've learned from previous delays and set a nice conservative delivery estimate to account for any issues along the way from here to getting this BIG BOX on your tables (Warning: you may want to reinforce your table before placing Alien Frontiers: Big Box on it).

And if there's a ton of interest, we're happy to explore the options for stretch goals, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For the time being, just spread the good word to all the folks who haven't yet played Alien Frontiers who may have been waiting. Or you could buy a Big Box for yourself and donate your existing copy to some poor soul who has not had the pleasure of visiting Planet Maxwell and beyond.

Thanks for your interest and support!

You can find the campaign here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/alien-fronti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, no rocket dice?

I have every expansion and it all fits in the original base box. How big is the Big Box really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
No interest from me.

I might be interested in a box only, storage solution level, but probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Ekstrøm
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:

If it succeeds, we'll proceed to production and we've learned from previous delays and set a nice conservative delivery estimate to account for any issues along the way from here to getting this BIG BOX on your tables (Warning: you may want to reinforce your table before placing Alien Frontiers: Big Box on it).

I've already asked my nephew to make a new sturdy game table for holding massive games like Big Box Alien Frontiers as soon as he finishes his carpenter exam.

It should be just in time for the actual delivery of Alien Frontiers since he just turned 8 year old 4 days ago.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
I have every expansion and it all fits in the original base box. How big is the Big Box really?

Same here. Plus, I have yet to receive my single color of Rocket Dice along with the new 4th Edition board (which I still don't know if it will be the incorrect or the corrected version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested if it weren't Game Salute and a money grab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, another Alien Frontiers kickstarter. The last missing piece of my rocket dice pledge from Apr 9 2013, which I backed because I wanted this game, arrived this past week and it's already time for another AF kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who just bought AF plus most of the expansions, I'm not sure what to even say. There wasn't even a hint of this or I would have held off, as I'm sure most people would. Now my friends can get the bigger and complete AF series for half of what I paid... good for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whole year wait, huh? Seems like since GS already produces all the components for this except the box and rulebook, they've assumed a lot of time for mishaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
As someone who just bought AF plus most of the expansions, I'm not sure what to even say. There wasn't even a hint of this or I would have held off, as I'm sure most people would. Now my friends can get the bigger and complete AF series for half of what I paid... good for them?

Do remember you get to play for a year while the backers of this KS wait for production. Surely that's worth something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah have to agree with previous posters. I have 100% of the previously purchasable items fit nicely into the current base box, so I'm not sure I see the point. The only thing of slight interest is the larger board, but honestly I like having everything nice and compact, so no thanks.

I'm sure it will likely fund though anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherDusk wrote:
Do remember you get to play for a year while the backers of this KS wait for production. Surely that's worth something.

Sure. But it's also kind of a poke in the eye to all your fans that recently shelled out twice as much for a smaller version. I know they want to milk a great game for all it's worth (and I do really enjoy AF), but damn... I mean there's still outstanding materials from the last Kickstarter, like others have stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game sounds interesting, but $125? Don't games that expensive always have a ton of miniatures or super premium components or something? Honestly, it's just way too expensive for me personally.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardU wrote:
The game sounds interesting, but $125? Don't games that expensive always have a ton of miniatures or super premium components or something? Honestly, it's just way too expensive for me personally.

Best of luck.

Did you just randomly click on this thread, and decide to share your opinion based on zero knowledge of the game in question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Couch wrote:
... is the larger board, ...

Not that I'm going to back this, it took long enough to get the previous AF KS stuff, but where do you see bigger board? The only difference between this and the previous stuff is the game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they have learned, with a 1 year lead time.

Still not touching another Game Salute Kickstarter project, ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpmckane wrote:
Couch wrote:
... is the larger board, ...

Not that I'm going to back this, it took long enough to get the previous AF KS stuff, but where do you see bigger board? The only difference between this and the previous stuff is the game box.

On the kickstarter page, in 'About this project', the first graphic for "what's in the box." On the upper right hand section of the shown game board it says "New larger board!" in yellow. Also, by the placement of the rocket dice spots on the board you can tell it has been resized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Post I made on their KS:

Two quick things I'd like to see. 1. A tier for those of us that already own everything to get the Box+Insert+Board

&

2. Why not just add the outer belt board onto the bigger main board so We wouldn't have to fiddle around with it. It seems stupid to do otherwise for such a campaign. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^^ This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this truly have everything? Will it also include the Mind Control Helmet and Space Crane?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Still not touching another Game Salute Kickstarter project, ever again.

Yeahhhhh ... They are going to have to do something extreme to get my business back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind a level with the new box and larger game board. Though I think you should consider making one board with both base board and Outer Belt together.

I don't like the Outer Belt board since it is 4 fold and never sits flat and slides around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
RichardU wrote:

Best of luck.

Did you just randomly click on this thread, and decide to share your opinion based on zero knowledge of the game in question?

I clicked this thread from the front page (no randomness). I did so because I am interested in learning about games available on Kickstarter, and the title of the thread strongly implied it might fit one of my areas of interest.

Am I not allowed to use this site to learn about board games? Or am I not allowed to share the reason I chose not to purchase a product with a publisher? I'd think publishers might even like knowing why potential customers are turned away from their products. That type of information could allow a publisher to add a base game option at a lower entry cost. Or apparently it can somehow rub you the wrong way. Whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardU wrote:
koenigcitizen wrote:
RichardU wrote:

Best of luck.

I clicked this thread from the front page (no randomness). I did so because I am interested in learning about games available on Kickstarter, and the title of the thread strongly implied it might fit one of my areas of interest.

Am I not allowed to use this site to learn about board games? Or am I not allowed to share the reason I chose not to purchase a product with a publisher? I'd think publishers might even like knowing why potential customers are turned away from their products. That type of information could allow a publisher to add a base game option at a lower entry cost. Or apparently it can somehow rub you the wrong way. Whatever.

The base game and all the expansions are already available (or will be soon) individually at a lower cost. This Kickstarter was specifically created to give you everything in one set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
The base game and all the expansions are already available (or will be soon) individually at a lower cost. This Kickstarter was specifically created to give you everything in one set.

When you factor in all the expansion packs and faction packs, it's definitely a higher cost than this KS.

AF base $60
Factions $25
Outer Belt $30
Faction packs 1-4 $40
Expansion Packs 1-7 $35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.