Glenn Pruitt
United States
waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We brought out Survive last night for a four player game. My wife and I played with our two oldest sons, James (8) and Daniel (6). On the first turn, Daniel flipped over a sand tile with one of my wife's people on it. The sight of this brought a great smile to Daniel's face! On the very next turn my wife dumped one of Daniel's people into the water, the tile flipped was a shark and thus the swimmer was instant shark-meat. Tears ensued. It took a little while to explain that this is all part of how the game is played, and that he would do just fine in the long run. A few turns later James said "Don't get one of Daniel's guys or he'll get mad and cry!" A new strategy is born.

Both boys also decided to dump on Mom's pieces whenever possible. In very short order she had five peices eaten by sharks and sea serpents. Meanwhile, Daniel was amassing quite the little colony on one of the safe islands. Dad played as quietly as possible. Late in the game, Mom crunched one of James' boats with a sea monster. He suddenly burst into tears and another long interruption in the game occured. Turns out the one of the people eaten was his "6" piece.

When the volcano blew, Mom had two people safe for a measly 2 points. Dad had four people scoring 12 points. James also had four people but his were worth 13 points. Daniel had a whopping seven people safe for a total of 19 points. Summing things up, this game was a blast, and at times the boys were jumping up and down with excitement. Literally jumping up and down - too much sugar! But those crying-fit/guilt-trips are the ultimate strategy in this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmm....I might start crying when my regular barbarossa to berlin opponent threatens to cature Moscow from me, worth a try !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.