• [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is one thing that makes me want to go back and play games there is Concordia, now just if they have the expansion concordia: britannia & germania

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this got me to join boiteajeux.net - my username is just over there to the left in brackets.

(and moved the thread to News)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting that it keeps an open tally of each player's victory points and number of each god.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent news, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
It's interesting that it keeps an open tally of each player's victory points and number of each god.

I've seen that done for various games on other sites too, such as Stone Age on Yucata (all end game scores are tallied and open).

When it's a matter of info that all players have access to as the game progresses, and they could keep track of with a pen and paper, it makes sense to me. Over the course of an asynch game, I see no reason to make memory an even larger component, even though it changes the strategy. It seems like a fair trade.

Arbitrarily making truly secret info open (info that other players NEVER would have seen) would be a different story, but I'm not aware of any games that have made that change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What bugs me to no end about the implementation is that they don't have the city build cost cheat sheet... I know it's not really that difficult to remember, but for some reason it always eludes me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That bothered me too. You can hover over any city to see the actual build cost, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
What bugs me to no end about the implementation is that they don't have the city build cost cheat sheet... I know it's not really that difficult to remember, but for some reason it always eludes me.

I noticed that too, and agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
That bothered me too. You can hover over any city to see the actual build cost, though.

Oh you're right. And it even takes into account if you're the second person etc... That's better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
That's good to know for when I'm on my computer, but I'll have to see how that works on my ipad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
schmanthony wrote:
That's good to know for when I'm on my computer, but I'll have to see how that works on my ipad.

Yeah, that complicates a couple of games I play on my iPad. I don't have my iPad handy, but in this case I expect you could tap them before selecting your card to see the costs.

The worst is in games when you can't tap because the game is awaiting your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there was a way that you could hover over the trading house symbol and have it highlight all your trading houses that are on the board. Quite often I will want to figure out what provinces or good types I'm already in and it's a little difficult to tell at a glance. Especially when I'm playing as black, which doesn't jump out quite as much visually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Koitka
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it seems a good idea, I thought something like that was missing but I didn't know exactly what to highlight (houses for a given good type?). By the trading house symbol you mean the one which reminds your stock?

don't hesitate to post any suggestion in the forum of the game on boiteajeux, there is more chance that we read it.

we have already done the extension, by the way. We will released those maps later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diplojak wrote:
it seems a good idea, I thought something like that was missing but I didn't know exactly what to highlight (houses for a given good type?). By the trading house symbol you mean the one which reminds your stock?

don't hesitate to post any suggestion in the forum of the game on boiteajeux, there is more chance that we read it.

we have already done the extension, by the way. We will released those maps later.
Yes, there's a little house that shows how many trading houses you have unbuilt. I was thinking that hovering on that and having the cities with your built trading houses highlighted would be a good solution. You could easily see what goods/provinces you're in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Koitka
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, I think we'll do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Koitka
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's done! each province where you have build is also highlighted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shrey
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diplojak wrote:

Awesome! It works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diplojak wrote:
Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great. Just bought Concordia and the map expansion. Can't wait to try it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Koitka
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia expansion maps are now available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diplojak wrote:
Concordia expansion maps are now available!

Excellent! Just when I was once again reducing my online gaming, something awesome pops up...

Although in this case, I will hold back. I will be on vacation soon, don't want to annoy my opponents by not making any moves for a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they were going to be shutting down after a bit, or am I completely off base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.