Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1:
Deadpool Jack reads, "When Deadpool attacks you may assign an opposing character to block him. At the end of the turn knock out that character."

So say my wife attacks me with this Deadpool and assigned one of my characters to block. May I then assign additional blockers as well? If so, does that mean she could then assign ALL his damage to the other blockers since the one SHE assigned will be knocked out at the end of the turn by the card power?

Q2:
Cards with powers that occur when engaged with another card (i.e., Black Widow's 'rotate down opposing dice when engaged') - do these powers only occur on the turn of the person who controls that die?

Similarly the Iceman power "Once per turn you may..." does this only apply to your own turn or can you activate this on opponents turn as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Clarifications on Card Powers Requested!
CasualToast wrote:
Q1:
Deadpool Jack reads, "When Deadpool attacks you may assign an opposing character to block him. At the end of the turn knock out that character."

So say my wife attacks me with this Deadpool and assigned one of my characters to block. May I then assign additional blockers as well?

Yes.

Quote:
If so, does that mean she could then assign ALL his damage to the other blockers since the one SHE assigned will be knocked out at the end of the turn by the card power?

Yes.

Quote:
Q2:
Cards with powers that occur when engaged with another card (i.e., Black Widow's 'rotate down opposing dice when engaged') - do these powers only occur on the turn of the person who controls that die?

--At the end of the attack step, spin each character engaged with Black Widow down 1 level (this happens before damage clears).--

This power occurs at the end of any attack step in which Black Widow was engaged (attacking of blocking).

Quote:
Similarly the Iceman power "Once per turn you may..." does this only apply to your own turn or can you activate this on opponents turn as well?

--Once per turn, you may pay [1 Bolt] to double Iceman's attack.--

This ability is restricted to once per turn, not to being on your turn. You may activate this ability on your turn and your opponent's turn back to back so long as Iceman is still in the field and you have the [Bolt] to pay for it.

------------------------
In the future, make sure to quote the full ability. Language is important to interpreting these abilities and you don't want people going off of their memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.