Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting to get into the advanced game rules now. It says pull four green cards from Military Deck III for end-game scoring conditions. Just did this and one of them, the Science card, says "in case of ties, see the rulebook." I looked through the 20-page rulebook, specifically page 16, where it talks about End of Game scoring for the Advanced Game, couldn't find anything.

Help, please? (Hopefully this is somewhere in the rules and I've missed it -- if not, the beginning of a FAQ perhaps?)

Please be advised I am working off one of the English edition of the game that was purchased at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't have the rulebook with myself, but I am sure it is on the last page, in the left column (in some paragraph about Level III events).

In case of tie, the first player (or the player next to the first player) wins the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Codenames ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Vlaada is correct. There are sentences about it in rules on a last page in paragraph called Age III Event cards: "Ties are broken in the usual way: in favor of the player whose turn it is. At the end of the game, break ties as thought it were the Starting Player's turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evertjan van de Kaa
Netherlands
den haag
zuid holland
flag msg tools
The remarks of "Vlaada Chvatil" and "Petr Murmak" might be incompatible. so just for clarification:

in case of a tie,

for a positive event, the player whose turn it is (or the next player, etc) experiences the positive effects.

For a negative effect, The player who is last (generaly the player to the right of the start player( or the player to the right of the player to the right of the start player)) experiences the negative event.

Is the above correct?

Evertjan van de Kaa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.