Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me if the boards from the old expansions, like Armed and Dangerous, are compatible with the new Avalon Hill version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They certainly are -- the boards from the new version are thinner stock, and two-sided, but *all* Roborally & expansion boards are compatible.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Do the Boards from the old sets match up with the new on
and if you slide a piece of posterboard or 110-pound cardstock under the new boards, then it will smooth out the seams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TeknoMerk wrote:
and if you slide a piece of posterboard or 110-pound cardstock under the new boards, then it will smooth out the seams.

Verrrrrry nice!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mb
Thanks. The boards are compatible, are the option cards and other elements of the game compatible. (Same card stock, and art on the card backings)?

PS. This is an awesome game. Played it once at a friends and immediately bought a copy for myself. Now that I have the AH version, I am very interested in the compatibility of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The option cards have very different backings between the old edition and the new edition. You'd probably either need to put them in opaque sleeves, or play with a "Draw option cards off the bottom of the deck" rule, so that players can't make decisions based on knowledge of what subset of options they may be drawing from.

Also worth noting is that there was a slight juggle of option cards: the original RoboRally had 26 option cards and the Armed and Dangerous expansion added another 26 option cards. The new edition also has a 26 option card deck - of which 24 match cards that were in the original base game, and 2 match cards that were in Armed and Dangerous. "Turret" and "Shield" from the original base set were removed, and "Crab Legs" and "Dual Processor" (originally in Armed and Dangerous) were added to the new base set.

Also, as for board compatibility and alignment: the most common method for mixing and matching old boards and new and making sure they're all at the same altitude: put an unused new board under any old board, and an unused old board under any new board. Then all the boards will exist at the same 'altitude' - that being the thickness of one old board plus one new board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A perfect chance to mention the fact I have a copy of Armed & Dangerous for trade. I respond to all offers, even if to say no thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.