Subject: Discarding gold cards... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are gold coin cards supposed to be removed from the game once you cash them in? I've always played and they get discarded into the goods pile, but watching Rahdo's runthrough the other day he mentioned that they are removed from the game. I have looked through the rulebook and can't find an answer either way. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just another goods card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys…that's what I hoped was the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the game in front ofe at the moment but I believe that Gold is independent. It's not classed as a good. I'm sure this is specifically mentioned. It's important because one of the Targi tribes special powers is play one good less when using a future purchase action.

Gold is tighter than getting goods in this game and I think that's the designers intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
Don't have the game in front ofe at the moment but I believe that Gold is independent. It's not classed as a good. I'm sure this is specifically mentioned. It's important because one of the Targi tribes special powers is play one good less when using a future purchase action.

This is correct, but it is treated like a goods card when it comes to shuffling it back into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:

Gold is tighter than getting goods in this game and I think that's the designers intent.

Yes, I agree gold is not a good, as mentioned in the rules. I'm just not sure if and where it's been said that gold cards are removed from the game as they are used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichelleOH wrote:
Spagetti69 wrote:

Yes, I agree gold is not a good, as mentioned in the rules. I'm just not sure if and where it's been said that gold cards are removed from the game as they are used.

I just played for the first time yesterday and it does not state they are discarded. We went through the Goods deck at least twice. That would make the Trader spot even more powerful in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Rahdo do it in his runthrough. All good, we keep them in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.