mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is a long shot!

I used to play this as a kid, so it's dated around the late 70's, it had a travel theme, you had to travel to various places around the world. I seem to recall it had some great bits (like travel documents etc) and that you had to visit Addis Ababa - that's pretty much all I can remember (except thinking it was cool at the time!)

Any ideas??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mikehibbert wrote:
Ok, this is a long shot!

I used to play this as a kid, so it's dated around the late 70's, it had a travel theme, you had to travel to various places around the world. I seem to recall it had some great bits (like travel documents etc) and that you had to visit Addis Ababa - that's pretty much all I can remember (except thinking it was cool at the time!)

Any ideas??

Travel Go maybe?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9252

I loved it as a kid: all that paper money in different currencies...

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I stumbled across this on the geek the other day, bringing memories flooding back.

I thought I remembered it being called Worldwide, but all I can find now is

Wide World

... however, that doesn't look like the one I had, which had a b/w box front, I'm sure.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are good suggestions, but sadly no cigar - this is going to eat away at me now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Travel ?

Sadly no photos on bgg. 1984 might be a bit late, but the travel documents sound similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.