Popular Tags: [View All]
James McCarney
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys,

I played a game a few days ago as federation/klingon against a buddy playing romulan.

it was from a campaign we are playing, I had 160 points broken down into 80 each of feds and klingon.

he had 110 points of romulan.

my opponent used viceroy on a science vessel with muon feedback on my excelsior class ship. no big deal, with some smart flying he was still in range 1 the next turn. he used viceroys ability to choose my movement. using 4 straight i took 4 damage. worse i crashed into another ship and lost my action as a result!! next turn i was destroyed.

this card combo is very useful, for those of you weary of romulan treachery, don't get caught like I did. particularly if also battling SBT's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not possible.

He used the Viceroy's ability incorrectly.

He gets to look at your maneuver and set his own maneuver not yours.

Basically he gets to see where you'll end up and then choose his own maneuver accordingly to either avoid your arc, keep you in a certain range, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to second what Stephen Thrope said, he used the ability incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the damage from the Muon Feedback is current maneuver-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What everyone else said. Notw this still can be a powerful combo if he were to put the Muon on a ship with a captain that could activate it before you moved. He could look a tyour dial and decide if he wanted to use it or not. If you had picked a high maneuver, then he could fire it and do a lot of damage.

As others have stated though, he used the ability incorrectly as it allows him to change his own dial, not yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the only thing that lets you change an opponents maneuver is the Ferengi Thought Maker, and its limited to greens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faked Messages could help to set up the muon on the following round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.