Subject: Out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
The problem in the equation is people. Eliminate that, everything works.
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems unavailable. Is it out of print? Or something? (The something being maybe eaten by a large troll.)

I have money, let me give them money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGame Warehouse still shows it as In-Stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Roberts
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my investigations there were a few copies available being sold on Amazon.com, but by sellers opportunistically marking up the price because Cryptozoic is clearly between printings right now (the last one seemed to be early 2014). The original price from Cryptozoic is $30 USD, but someone in TX was asking $60 for it, and I saw at least two other people selling for over $100. Ridiculous!

After eying this game for a while, and wanting my own copy, I also saw the TT episode and wanted it too. Disgusted at the prices on Amazon.com, I also looked on Amazon.ca (as I'm up here in Canada... but Amazon.com is usually less expensive). In this case, I found one copy left for $40 CAD, which is about right after exchange.

There was talk from a Cryptozoic staffer in another thread from early this year, saying that they were still working on an expansion but that July 2015 was the earliest that would be seen. I can't imagine they wouldn't reprint the base game again to go along with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I could be wrong, but I thought the next title (battle at Castle Testikill or something?) was a new stand alone game that could also be combined with this one?

I have this, its fun every now and again, but definately not worth those prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
It's fun every now and again, but definately not worth those prices.

I agree with half of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
jobin13 wrote:
True_Dave wrote:
It's fun every now and again, but definately not worth those prices.

I agree with half of this.

Sir, you clearly have deeper pockets than I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably with Tabletop it will be back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop usually causes the price jacks. It popularizes games and, if they're between printings, that demand causes them to sell out because Wil Wheaton says so.

That said, there are two copies sitting at my FLGS. If interested kick me an geekmail and I'll funnel them your way at retail plus shipping.

But you have to promise to not being a price jacking, opportunistic hooligan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Hurd
msg tools
I would be very interested in taking you up on that offer if it still stands. I signed up for this site just to try to see if you were still offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Huntsman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
eypyeash wrote:
Tabletop usually causes the price jacks. It popularizes games and, if they're between printings, that demand causes them to sell out because Wil Wheaton says so.

Tabletop demos these games using high production quality video with a group of players that do a good job of displaying the fun potential of the game. There have been multiple games that I've seen on shelves at my FLGS and passed over only to later watch them played on Tabletop and see my interest level sky rocket. This one falls into that camp. I've seen it multiple times and never even picked up the box to check it out, but now I'm very tempted to pick it the next time I see it at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nava
msg tools
designer
mb
According to the Cryptozoic website, there is some sort of "port congestion" on both the East and West coasts, delaying new shipments. You can still order the game from them for $30 (http://store.cryptozoic.com/product-p/epicspellwars_game.htm); they're filling orders as new shipments come in. First come, first served.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yonderboy wrote:
From my investigations there were a few copies available being sold on Amazon.com, but by sellers opportunistically marking up the price because Cryptozoic is clearly between printings right now (the last one seemed to be early 2014). The original price from Cryptozoic is $30 USD, but someone in TX was asking $60 for it, and I saw at least two other people selling for over $100. Ridiculous!

After eying this game for a while, and wanting my own copy, I also saw the TT episode and wanted it too. Disgusted at the prices on Amazon.com, I also looked on Amazon.ca (as I'm up here in Canada... but Amazon.com is usually less expensive). In this case, I found one copy left for $40 CAD, which is about right after exchange.

There was talk from a Cryptozoic staffer in another thread from early this year, saying that they were still working on an expansion but that July 2015 was the earliest that would be seen. I can't imagine they wouldn't reprint the base game again to go along with that.

I just wanted to say from the perspective of an owner that I wouldn't worry too hard about getting this game. After playing it a couple of times, the novelty rather wears off. I think you will see more copies floating around - hang in there and I wouldn't part with such outrageous sums people are absurdly asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niddi77 wrote:
BoardGame Warehouse still shows it as In-Stock.

I thank you. eBay thanks you. My Paypal account thanks you.

And, hey, some desperate Wesley Crusher fan thanks you, too! Three of them, even!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
OOS at BoardGame Warehouse.

My local FLGS has it for $30, I'm tempted but not 100% sold yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this really fun? or is it the Table Top rush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
morgothrond wrote:
Is this really fun? or is it the Table Top rush?

I have 9 recorded plays, and in the year I owned it before becoming a BGGer I probably played it a similar number of times.

My most recent play was last sunday and, to be honest, I found myself enjoying the company more than the game. It's alright once in a while, but it's not a game I get the itch to play. A full game can go on past it's welcome, but a single round (like they played on Tabletop) is usually over in about 20 mins with our group, making it a pretty decent filler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Relph
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgames.ca has it in stock:

http://www.boardgames.ca/epicspellwarsofthebattlewizardsduel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mijjy B
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
My most recent play was last sunday and, to be honest, I found myself enjoying the company more than the game.......

Most games are like that, they're a vehicle for friends to get together & have a laugh.

If this game fits into that category, then so be it, I'd like to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Washtali wrote:

Awesome!

$65 on eBay, bros!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eypyeash wrote:

That said, there are two copies sitting at my FLGS. If interested kick me an geekmail and I'll funnel them your way at retail plus shipping.

But you have to promise to not being a price jacking, opportunistic hooligan.

no, tabletop really doesn't cause price jacks. We only see those for out of print, between printing games, or for bundles/ collectables and that happens regardless of whether a game's been featured on Tabletop or not.

I'm sure Cryptozoic was planning on having a reprint out before or around the airing of this, which means you can expect one soon. I'm guessing it will come out around or just before the new one.

It is a fantastic little luck based "take that" filler game by the way. The multiple rounds structures makes play time flexible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mijjy wrote:
True_Dave wrote:
My most recent play was last sunday and, to be honest, I found myself enjoying the company more than the game.......

Most games are like that, they're a vehicle for friends to get together & have a laugh.

That's exactly what this game is for. It's based on the kind of art doodles middle-school boys draw on their notebooks with the flavor of the Heavy Metal comic/cartoon from the 80's. The rules match that theme.

It's all shouty random card draws and ridiculous dice rolls to screw each other over because REASONS.

It doesn't pretend to be anything more. Therefore it is awesome (for about 30 minutes).

Eric

PS
DO NOT buy it now at inflated prices, wait for the reprint and get it for less than MSRP at your favorite board game discounter or pay just MSRP at your actually F LGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Mijjy wrote:
True_Dave wrote:

Sorry, I could have put that better. We could have put the game down and just chatted amongst ourselves and I wouldn't have felt I was missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganybyte wrote:

DO NOT buy it now at inflated prices, wait for the reprint and get it for less than MSRP at your favorite board game discounter or pay just MSRP at your actually F LGS.

Or do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Skinner
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

A bit late to the discussion here, but I wanted to confirm that we DO have a lot more copies of the original game coming back very soon! We printed quite a bit more than we normally would have in preparation of the Table Top appearance, but unfortunately the labor disputes and port congestion happening on the West coast has delayed its arrival to our distributor, keeping us from having it all ready on time. Just one of those things that's out of our hands sadly!

Currently we're expecting it to be shipping out to stores by the end of the month, so don't feel like you have to play inflated prices on the secondary market, it's coming!

We also still have copies available through our own eStore at www.cryptozoic.com if you don't want to wait for your FLGS to restock; our team has been shipping out copies almost non-stop for the last week straight!

Last but not least, yes, the sequel is coming this Summer (Rumble at Castle Tentakill), and it will be both a stand-alone game, with full compatibility with 'Skullzfyre' as well. We'll also be running some demos of the new game at the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas this week, so if there's any attendees here... stop by our booth and check it out!

Thanks everyone for the interest.

Ryan Skinner
Cryptozoic Entertainment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ringo Stalin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time of writing, amazon.co.uk is selling Epic Spell Wars at:

1 Used from £618.55
2 New from £233.57

That's POUNDS. GBP. That's goshdarned ridiculous. And I assume none of those profits would go to Cryptozoic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.