Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
does anyone know where to get some of the promo cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get Kodiak Colby by ordering the game from Plaid Hat's website when it's in stock. For me, that would make the card about $12 based on buying the game at a discount elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
way back when the game first came out i had my local fantasy shop order it for me and picked it up day one. it didnt have that card with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tremblay
Canada
Gloucester
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Other than finding a willing seller -- pretty much need to order the game directly from PHG for Kodiak or get really lucky on Tabletop day and score the Felicia Day Survivor from a Tabletop Day Promo Kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure there is also a "Lucky Luke" promo from Rodney Smith's "Watch it Played" fundraiser on Indiegogo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky Luke Smith:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/171217/dead-wint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen Kodiak Colby at my FLGS? Some stores are in some sort of PHG network to get promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe your store ordered them direct from PHG and kept the promos for themselves to sell to make up the price difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when i donated for john for a charity he sent me a promo cross roads card. i dont think that is listed on bgg yet. its xmas themed though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonecase gonecase
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:
when i donated for john for a charity he sent me a promo cross roads card. i dont think that is listed on bgg yet. its xmas themed though!

If you look at it carefully you'll see that it's a printout placed in front of another card. Still an awesome Xroads card.

I uploaded an image of it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2435193/dead-winter-crossroa... (SPOILERS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Magrum
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
tremblr wrote:
...get really lucky on Tabletop day and score the Felicia Day Survivor from a Tabletop Day Promo Kit.

Plaid Hat's twitter confirmed that Tabletop will also have a special edition of the game including the Kodiak Colby and Felicia Day promos and featuring alternate box art with characters not on the original box.

Then the only "official" promo you'd be missing is the Lucky Luke Crossroads card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tmagrum wrote:
Plaid Hat's twitter confirmed that Tabletop will also have a special edition of the game including the Kodiak Colby and Felicia Day promos and featuring alternate box art with characters not on the original box.

Yes, but..
There's only one copy of that in the promo kit -- and it's the $600 version of the promo kit, so good luck in getting a copy of the special edition.
And if you take a special edition when you already have a copy of the game, you're probably a Betrayer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:

Oh, I forgot all about that. I donated but nothing every came. Oh well, I'll settle for warm fuzzy feelings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(insert rant about extremely yet pointlessly rare promo items)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from Rodney we can obtain more lucky Luke cards from next fundraiser. But I am wondering if there's anyway to get the Kodiak Colby promo in affordable way besides buying from high ebay sellers or buying the dead of winter game from plaid hats website? I'm just wondering because everywhere I look this promo card is overpriced and with plaid hats website the core game is around $80 with shipping so it's a little high for me. Any suggestions or offers please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dj sabor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion is to buy the game from Plaid Hat and keep the promo, then resell the game. Considering what the promos alone are going for on ebay, seems like you'd make out okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.