Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Modifying Dice order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is in the book but I'm very tired and wanted to post this before I crash and go to bed.

In our campaign game today (which was very fun), the rebel player and the Imperial player both could modify dice. I think the situation was a Storm Trooper re-roll vs an armour modify dice.

Who has to re-roll/modify first? In X-wing, the attacker rolls and then modifies all dice, then the defender rolls and modifies all dice.

What's the order of operations in Imperial Assault?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DDD Schramm
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Page 9 RRG.
Numerous abilities, mission rules, and other game effects can be
triggered at the same time.
• While attacking, mission rules are resolved first, followed by
effects from the attacker (including figures friendly to him), then
effects from the defender (including figures friendly to him).

so the attacker would decide to reroll or not first.
then the defender could decide to reroll or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that specifically with die rerolls in an attack, each individual die can only be rerolled once, regardless of who rerolled it.

Also, if the abilities in question modify the dice pool, that all happens befote the dice are rolled (and hence before they are rerolled). That first roll is simultaneous, although later abilities, like the rerolls, are not.

Check the sequence of steps in the Attacks section of the RRG for further clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.