Subject: Zombicide vs. Zombie 15' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Walsh
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
Just realized I don't have a single zombie game in my collection. Figured I should change that. I interested in both of these guys, but having played neither, have no idea which would be the better buy. Any opinion? Or suggestion for another zombie game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a lot of Zombicide stuff, but have not played Zombie 15' yet. As far as I can tell, it really seems like it would be similar play, but with Zombie 15' having the 15 minute gimmick. I would really like to try Zombie 15', but I don't know anyone with it, and it seems too similar to be worth buying when I have so much other zombie stuff.

With that said, I really like Zombicide, as it is easy to teach, allows for very casual play with beginners as well as advanced play with experience players, and gets to the table often. It is easy to increase and decrease the difficulty for any scenario based on the number of players and player experience. We have played up to 9-players on a single scenario, and really enjoyed it the whole time. If you find yourself enjoying it, though, it can be a HUGE money sink. 3 full seasons (base games) with 2 side expansions, plus extra zombies, extra survivors, extra scenarios... So much money spent...

I can only imagine Zombie 15' could end up the same way, and I am sure there will be a fans along to share its praise soon. But, I can honestly tell you that Zombicide, even just the first season base game should be enough to entertain your group over multiple sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of zombie game are you looking for?

A run and gun action zombie movie type game? Zombicide

B-movie, slow moving zombie Night of the Living dead style 1vsMany? Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game

Feels like living The Walking Dead co-op game that is actually more about the other players while the zombies are an ever present threat and it's possible the game might not be so co-op because someone may be secretly working against the group? Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game

I actually own all three, though LNoE doesn't get much play anymore. Of the three, I highly recommend Dead of Winter. Fantastic game. Each player controls their own group of survivors while all the players work toward completing the main objective. But each player has their own secret objective that may not coincide with the main objective or the current needs of the group. So, you have to weigh the needs of the many vs the needs of the few (or the one). But, one of those personal objectives may be a betrayal objective. Where you are working against the others to claim sole victory. A lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own two both of which are excellent for different reasons.. Just to throw in some other games which I ended up buying instead of Zombicide and zombie 15 which I considered at the time.

1.Escape: Zombie City. This is a great 15 minute game which we really enjoy... 15 minutes of dice rolling fun

2.Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game. This my favorite game right now of all...creates of walking dead sort of feel... Just an absolutely wonderful experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.