Subject: Paladin & party's sack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vital Slepiankou
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i eliminate all the adventurers except paladin, i'm not capture item from the party's sack. And next round paladin go in another dungeon. What's happening with the party's sack? All items in the party's sack are discarded to Distant Lands Board or i captured all items from the party's sack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmuer wrote:
If i eliminate all the adventurers except paladin, i'm not capture item from the party's sack. And next round paladin go in another dungeon. What's happening with the party's sack? All items in the party's sack are discarded to Distant Lands Board or i captured all items from the party's sack?

Good question. The rules specifically state the paladin never receives any items. The rules also state that only if you defeat all adventurers (including the paladin) you capture the sack. However, if combat ends before you defeat all adventurers then the sack goes to the distant lands. You haven't defeated all adventurers, so you do not capture the sack. The party's sack is discarded to the distant lands because combat ended before you defeated all adventurers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think you get it because you've defeated all Adventurers and no longer have the Paladin, but I see Eric's point.

Yet another reason to play the Tricky Variant devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Slepiankou
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Good choice to play in Tricky Variant, but interesting know how right play in straightforward variant in this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Peters
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to dissent here.
Stargazer1x wrote:
Good question. The rules specifically state the paladin never receives any items. The rules also state that only if you defeat all adventurers (including the paladin) you capture the sack.

Including the paladin if present.

If the paladin runs off to another player's board, you're no longer responsible for him.

I take "you defeat all adventurers" as a shorthand for "there are no more adventurers on your dungeon board (except those in your prison)".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Slepiankou
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.