Myth» Forums » General

Subject: So, I failed my first quest yesterday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Buitelaar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's a good thing?

I don't recal the name of the quest, but we where supposed to protect this soldier, while having a grubber and shambler lair on the tile.
The soldier generated one AP each refresh.
So that's three total each refresh, which really put the presssure one.

While we were struggling to get the grubbers destroyed to get AP generation down, the shamblers where slowly moving across the tile untill our poor soldier could no longer avoid them, We rushed to his help, but to no avail.

The quest was actually great fun and exciting. More like those please.

But the penalty for failure? Remove 4 green tokens from the treasure bag.

With blue tokens allready maxed out and white tokens slowly diminishing, this only increases chances on blue items, so...... jay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right about the reward being "off" - removing green tokens isn't much of a penalty. I'm not aware of any reewards that tell you to add greens either. Is this a misprint, do you think: it would be more hurtful to add 4 whites
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
...or add 4 whites and remove 4 of the "highest" colored tokens, splitting colors if necessary. So if you had 3 blue's in the bag, you'd remove all three of them and one green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just remove 4 tokens, regardless of color. That brings a bit of randomness to the effect and:

- if a team has a treasure bag of mostly blue tokens, it could hurt badly

- if a team has a treasure bag of blue and green tokens, fate determines whether blue or green (or an equal distribution) is withdrawn

- if the team has mostly white tokens, then removing 4 tokens, minimizes the chance of pulling another white token in the future. Maybe in this instance, Heroes can have a sure-fire success with a better chance of getting green items.

It could be a good resolution, it could be a bad resolution but in the end, it's definitely a random resolution. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Randomfleming wrote:
It could be a good resolution, it could be a bad resolution but in the end, it's definitely a random resolution. cool

Woah ... I see what you did there ... "random". Pretty clever. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I should have read this when I first saw it - I just ran into this this morning in one of the chains. The worst part about removing 4 green tokens is that I haven't seen any quests that add them.

I landed on something similar to MM's approach - remove 4 blue tokens, and for every blue token that couldn't be removed because it wasn't in the bag, add a white. I might change that up to add 2 whites for every missing blue. As it stands, it's way too easy to max out your treasure bag. We need more quests where failures remove blues and/or add whites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.