Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just picked up a second copy for a fiver, and now I don't know if I should make a 6-8 player deluxe board (I have already started editing the boards together for a double-wide option. Or I could paint up the second set to match the ones I already have and come up with rules for having duplicate cars.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
I just picked up a second copy for a fiver, and now I don't know if I should make a 6-8 player deluxe board (I have already started editing the boards together for a double-wide option. Or I could paint up the second set to match the ones I already have and come up with rules for having duplicate cars.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Couldn't you just lay duplicate boards side by side, and allow players to switch between both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
yeah you could, and I have played that way, but it is a bit fiddly. It would be way better to have single boards that fold out to be 2x size!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
one option is to make your own layouts for this purpose. There's been several ideas along those lines already posted here. But those were more of a variety thing than a board enlargement. Still though, doing it as a board enlargement doesn't seem too difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Rapp
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmb
With double the cars you could use the starting icons on the first board as reinforcement/entry points each time it come around.

Ie. 6-8 player game, start with less cars, but bring the rest in every other board.

Would be cool to have a raised board and a lower board if playing with two, and some dynamic rules about being pushed off or driving up the side
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that first idea. But... there is a minor niggle.... won't some players start with only 1 vehicle in games with more than 6 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Rapp
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haha I hadn't thought it through properly

I'll have a think, but with some more hit points per car maybe they can survive a round or 2 whilst more drive onto the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe set it so that the spawn points get reused?

you take the players in turn order, and after player one takes their first turn, then player 5's cars spawn, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.