Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no Blood Bowl experience.
I found a copy of Blood Bowl Third Edition and Death Zone at a garage sale for $30. There is no box and everything was just loose in a cardboard box.

From Blood Bowl I'm missing

Plastic Range Ruler
Plastic Throw-In Twmplate
2 plastic footballs
1 Kickoff coin

The footballs are just extras, it seems, and the coin can be any coin really. The missing range ruler and throw In Template seem to prevent me from playing the game.

From Death Zone I'm missing

Blood Bowl Trophy
Orc Leader Reroll Counter
Lightning Bolt Template
Fireball Template
4 Dirty Trick cards (Referee!!!, Injury Time, Grudge Match, and Spike!)
4 Random Event cards (Bad Habits, Injured in Practice, Biased Referee, and It Wasn't Me)

I don't know how easy these are to proxy to be playable. I just know they are missing.

Also in the box were some minis that are not included in the rules book manifest.

I think the first picture is a wood elf team, no idea about the actual positions. The other pictures I have no clue about. It doesn't seem enough for a team of either race (whatever race they may be) and there's not a football in sight. I am starting to assume they are just for war hammer and were thrown into the same box.
Any help with identifying these contents and info on how to complete the main game to be playable would be great. I'd love to play this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other team is Chaos. Second photo, chaos beastmen. Next, Chaos Warriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
The first picture shows a wood elf team from 3rd edition, the two other pictures show a chaos team from 3rd edition. The miniatures with the square bases are no Blood Bowl miniatures.
Take a look at this: http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the woodies positions:

You have 6 linemen, 2 wardancers (guys with the punk hairstyle), 2 catchers (arms spread in the air), 1 thrower (holding the ball), the one with the blade is a champion (most likely Jordell Freshbreeze).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrian
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can field the Wood Elf team as it is (you have 11 players - 6 line-elfs, 2 catchers, 2 wardancers and a thrower). You'd likely need a couple more line-elfs at some point (They don't tend to last too long!).

You can also field the chaos team - 8 beastmen and 4 chaos warriors (though the one with the sword is a ringer )

You don't need the range ruler, you can use a chart instead (I think it is in the latest rules). Or, if you want a ruler, have a look on ebay, some tourneys make their own versions.

You can easily proxy the counters (most serious players do), you don't necessarily need the lightning and fireball templates (Their shapes are easy to remember).

The cards are the only tricky part - but you don't actually need any cards to play.

Make sure you get the latest rulebook:

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/files/BB_LRB6.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the last rules were the Competition rules (CRP) http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berthold wrote:
The first picture shows a wood elf team from 3rd edition, the two other pictures show a chaos team from 3rd edition. The miniatures with the square bases are no Blood Bowl miniatures.
Take a look at this: http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/

Actually, the square-based one is Jordell Freshbreeze, the Star Player for the Wood Elf team.

Blood Bowl goes for a premium on eBay right now. A lot of people part them out on there, so you would most likely be able to get what you need. The Death Zone stuff may be harder. None of it will be cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great find!

The current (and, I think, best) ruleset doesn't need or use any of the Death Zone stuff, except for the Leader reroll tokens, which are easily proxied with regular reroll tokens, or just about anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your help! I've ordered a range ruler from Comixininos and I've printed out the LRB6. I'm really excited to play!

I'm glad that my missing bits from Death zone don't really impact the game, given the new rules. The Lightning and fireball rules are completely different in LRB 6.
Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Panda ThatsMe
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that the minis in the third image were being used as proxies. The guy with the staff being a wizard or coach, the guy with the sword as a star player (maybe as Lord Borak?) or a coach, and the bottom guy looks like maybe a substitute for a chainsaw wielding Star Player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
psychopanda wrote:
My guess is that the minis in the third image were being used as proxies. The guy with the staff being a wizard or coach, the guy with the sword as a star player (maybe as Lord Borak?) or a coach, and the bottom guy looks like maybe a substitute for a chainsaw wielding Star Player.

I have those exact same minis for my Chaos team. Chop the sword out of the wolf-helm guy's hand, and convert a chainsaw, and voila!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.