Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

A Distant Plain» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-ordered and availability. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pre-ordered the 2nd printing and I'm excited. In an earlier thread, Volko mentioned that the reprint will happen in either Q2 or Q3 of this year. I will probably be moving right in the middle of those two. Anyone willing and/or able to narrow down which quarter? Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
I just pre-ordered the 2nd printing and I'm excited. In an earlier thread, Volko mentioned that the reprint will happen in either Q2 or Q3 of this year. I will probably be moving right in the middle of those two. Anyone willing and/or able to narrow down which quarter? Thanks.


I doubt GMT knows for sure at this point. It's tough for them to pin down when precisely games further down the queue will ship. It's especially up in the air at the moment with the delays they've been experiencing at the port. It also takes them a several weeks to ship everyone's games once they have all the parts. So when they actually ship yours in relation to the rest of that game's orders will vary depending on where you're at in the shipping order.

They will send notification when they actually charge you. From that point it's usually about a month until the game starts shipping. I'd wait until you get that notice and if it's around when you'll be moving, contact GMT and let them know how you want to handle the shipment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Their monthly newsletter is the best place to find out the PLANNED ship dates for their games.

The Feb newsletter (http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=310) lists all the COIN reprints slotted for Q3/Q4 2015. Planned does NOT equal guaranteed. YMMV.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
Their monthly newsletter is the best place to find out the PLANNED ship dates for their games.

The Feb newsletter (http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=310) lists all the COIN reprints slotted for Q3/Q4 2015. Planned does NOT equal guaranteed. YMMV.


Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the second printing have any difference in components?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct errata and a few small bot refinements, so not much change.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rhodes
England
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just placed order 498 on the P500. Will be my first foray into the COIN series but based on what I have read it sounds great. Who knows, I may even find three other willing participants!? If anyone wants to make up the last two orders, now would be a great time! (Subtle hint alert).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed order #500 yesterday. Today it's moved up to "Made the Cut".

They put it into production when it gets above 700 orders, I think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Panglott wrote:
I placed order #500 yesterday. Today it's moved up to "Made the Cut".

They put it into production when it gets above 700 orders, I think?


The 700 orders is just an estimation on when it will go into production since that's the only number to go on. In reality, its based more on finalizing the design and finding a production slot. The quicker a game gets to 700 orders, the more demand GMT sees in the game and thus more of a reason to fast-track it.

It's a lot different for reprints, though. The 500 number for reprints is definitive. In fact, most games are reprinted without reaching the 500 number. ADP and the other COIN games that are OOP have been slated for reprint for awhile. It's just been getting them a place in the line. Right now, they're slated for Q1 of next year, but that's tentative.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.