Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the game is still being produced in China and they are still having their New Years .. Why does this matter as far as this game is concerned ? Are they planning on using this as an excuse? At the rate they go I couldn't see This game finished boxes and shipped in 3 months .. But maybe their track record has changed ...be nice if they posted more pic of anything ! I don't see why that can't do that. What we need another Alex for this game lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh have you read the update & comments behind it?!?!

Its a kickstarter, not a pre order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically everything that is there backed up now is backing up everything behind it.

Think of when you go to a doctor's office for an appointment.
If the doc takes too long on an appointment the next one is going to start late.
And if that second one takes too long, the third will be even later.
It snowballs.

Now imagine if the doctor didn't start seeing anyone till lunch time and your appointment was at 1.
All the appointments before you still need to be seen.
What time do you think you'll be seen at that point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that but if the game isn't going to leave China for 6 months I don't see where this will be an issue by then .. Unless the game is ready to go in the next few moths ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't pull numbers like that out of the air. No one has has said anything about the game not leaving China until six months from now and the Chinese new year certainly doesn't mean that the country stands still for half a year. No need to start baseless rumours.

That Megacon were hoping to start shipping the game to backers in April should tell you something about how far along it was at the time they made that statement. It could be that it's all finished and just sitting in a container somewhere. Or it could be that it's partially finished and the factory simply can't produce the rest until they've made some space in their warehouse. We simply don't know the exact situation, and seeing what Brian wrote, it seems like Megacon don't either.

I'll include the quote here as well:

Quote:
We are doing well financially, but not so well that we can afford not to take action now. I didn't expect to be in the situation where I can't find a way to get my product to me. They can't even give me a ballpark.

The article I linked explains the situation a whole lot better then I can. What I know is we are a company that usually has a couple containers on a boat full of containers. We are not a company that can dictate terms to shippers. We are at the whim of so many people when it comes to logistics that I have no idea what is going to happen. I can trust it will be resolved in a few months, but to be honest that is where I have been for 6 weeks.

Myth has a separate release schedule and it seemed silly to delay its future any longer. As I said, we are doing well enough, just not well enough that we can ignore potential issues 6 months down the line. I no longer think about the next product per se...but the company 6/12/18 months from now. Delays now push everything back and a gap that seems okay now, may not be in 12 months.

But as I said in the last post on the update...it is a choice and I know the quality and value we will provide. We simply wouldn't do the KS if we couldn't deliver the same value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, Megacon can't stop their business just because of the shipping delays. Anyone that has had a business knows that you have to keep moving forward to bring in revenue. You have to keep working toward the future, otherwise you won't have a business.

There are often problems in business that are out of their control. The more you rely on others in the chain of getting from start to finish, the more chances there are for on link causing problems along the way.

I don't see this delay for Recon as an excuse, but as a reason. There's nothing they can do about it, so they might as well carry on with their other plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said. If you read the message board some people seem to be on a crusade to slate megacon. Makes you wander why they backed in the first place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's good to know , it was supposed maybe be ready in April . So now the post makes sense to me .. I've backed all their projects and will be backing myth 2 as well .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still wonder why not focus on delivering a manual pdf. It is by and large the most requested thing from backers. They don't even answer to this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
I still wonder why not focus on delivering a manual pdf. It is by and large the most requested thing from backers. They don't even answer to this issue.

That's not entirely true...
On the comments for update #80 Brian said:
MERCS Miniatures - 5 days ago wrote:

I know Kevin. We can do the rulebook pdf.

I hope we get it by the end of those faction updates.

I would love more gameplay videos (I know they'll post one for Lockdown, but I'd like more of the normal gameplay with some other factions)... But with Myth on Kickstarter, I don't think that's a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they actually stated anywhere as to what stage this project is currently at? I am a little confused with regard to what the expected delivery date might be given the delays (the strike in the US, the Chinese New Year, preparing for Myth 2 etc).

I am in no way impatient, but just want to know when to start checking when I should be getting a delivery.

The comments rolls on KS roll by so fast that there is no way I would have spotted it if they mentioned it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understood, the warehouses/docks in China are all full b/c all of the cargo ships are (were) stuck in the US. That means that the production facility has nowhere to store product, so they've shut down production. So Recon hasn't even been produced yet, much less started the long trip to the US.

And I would suspect that the reason why MCG took so long to make the statement that they did is b/c they can't get any kind of time estimate from the production facility. It will be several weeks before there's a steady, predictable flow of cargo ships arriving again so they (China) are probably not willing to give estimates either.

And even then you can bet that any estimates from China will be extremely fluid b/c there will be A LOT of large companies who will be willing to pay a premium to have their stuff shipped first. MCG isn't able to do that, so they'll get bumped down the priority list. And of course it's very possible that the manufacturer decides to bump some other higher-paying project in front of Recon too. That has happened to several other KickStarters lately.

My guess is that it will be at least 15 weeks before Recon arrives at the distributor's in the US, and that's if the cargo ship that will eventually carry Recon leaves for China this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think the price difference would be to produce here in the us ? Always wondered ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice breakdown Rob.

It is a the domino effect from hell in reverse. As a backer, I do not expect Recon to be delivered before Aug. Most likely Sept. as the earliest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insight Rob!
I really hope you're wrong about that 15 weeks thing, though...

But I have season 2 of Galaxy Defenders arriving soon... So I would prefer they arrive in different months (customs in Brazil are kinda ridiculous).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
What do you think the price difference would be to produce here in the us ? Always wondered ?

Three to five times is the rule of thumb I've always been told.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Foolish_Dog wrote:
When your company collects money from me for goods to be delivered at a future date (and you even give me a menu of what I get for giving you different amounts) then it damn sure is a glorified pre-order system. We can argue about fine print & semantics until we die, but as long as companies treat KS as a pre-order system, which the vast majority of tabletop gaming publishers continue to do, then that is exactly what it is. Let's stop pretending people are giving these companies cash out of the goodness of their hearts. You expect product just like everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it's pre-order.

Unsafe pre-order at that =P

"Pre-order risking becoming a charity"? ;D

Just because it's called kickstarter doesn't mean much.

"Massive missile of MIRV launched mines of peace" .. well..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolish_Dog wrote:

it is interesting on a games BGG page when it is stil a Kickstarter, BGG calls the link to the Kickstarter page a pre-order link. So there you have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.