Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the TIE Advanced expansion a couple of days ago, and while taking the model on and off the pegs to take a look at it, tragedy struck:

A couple of questions:

1. Will this be easy to fix? Bear in mind I have no previous experience building miniatures/models, so my planned solution is basically "put a bit of glue on it and hope it stays together"

2. Is it normal for the minis to break so easily, or should I be contacting FFG support about the quality of this particular one? I didn't think I was handling it roughly at all. It has been stored in the plastic mold from the original packaging (cut down to fit in my storage container).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something similar happened to me when painting some of my squints. Drop of glue fixed it right up. But if you're concerned just reach out to FFG they have amazing customer service and will get you fixed up right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
It just wasn't glued right at the factory, in which case it's very normal for it to fall off. And will be completely fixed with a drop of glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general rule, always hold the ship as close to the peg as possible when setting up or taking down a ship. Usually that means placing a thumb below the ship and one or two fingers above the ship. Never touch the wings or anything else that could be flimsy. That said, it's entirely possible your ship just had some weak glue and the wing fell off from bumping it. A similar thing happened to one of the engines on my CR-90. Fortunately, I was able to fix it with just a little bit of double-sided tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scwont wrote:
I got the TIE Advanced expansion a couple of days ago, and while taking the model on and off the pegs to take a look at it, tragedy struck:

A couple of questions:

1. Will this be easy to fix? Bear in mind I have no previous experience building miniatures/models, so my planned solution is basically "put a bit of glue on it and hope it stays together"

2. Is it normal for the minis to break so easily, or should I be contacting FFG support about the quality of this particular one? I didn't think I was handling it roughly at all. It has been stored in the plastic mold from the original packaging (cut down to fit in my storage container).

I had the exact same problem with that ship. A drop of superglue fixes it right up. The peg should only fit back in one way. If you are concerned about it FFG will send a free one send them that pic to their customer service. Best customer service I have seen,.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gervais
Canada
flag msg tools
I've just used crazy glue to fix quite a few broken guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Be mindful to use a small amount of glue, and press down into the wing (with the wing laying flat on something. Worked for me THey seemed to learn their lesson on the Adv design, as the TIE Bomber wings seem to have more of a notch to the them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the tips! I'll find some glue and give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
strongly recommend using a proper poly-cement rather than superglue.. my IG was broken out the box. poly cement had it fixed in no time..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.