Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We find that people will king-make a lot in this game if they know that person X will win; so they end up ciding with that player.

I'm thinking that trade should only be restricted to those people you have equal footing in trade.

Merchant and Traders are affected; you can only trade or merchant if at same diplomatic level only.

I will certainly think of playing this to see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
zardon wrote:
We find that people will king-make a lot in this game if they know that person X will win; so they end up ciding with that player.

I'm thinking that trade should only be restricted to those people you have equal footing in trade.

Merchant and Traders are affected; you can only trade or merchant if at same diplomatic level only.

I will certainly think of playing this to see what happens.

What a strange group thing to help the person, who is winning. I almost always see alliances against the leader (in all kinds of games really and not just this one).

Edit: Though interesting to restrict trade a bit, as the discussions can go on for quite some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its happened twice now in recent games I have played. They will help each other or the leader under the illusion that they are helping each other.

But if player A will know that player B is winning; they will not see the fact that player B is winning and keep trading/merchanting with them.

I keep telling player A not to give player B any money, he doesn't need it and doesn't need his help.

He disagrees, player B and player A have a good relationship; we are helping each other

Player B wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to go with a different, easier to track route --

When playing Merchant; players must ship in this order:

1. Booming city (if on map)
2. From own players resources before
3. From other players (if they agree)

Currently I'm unsure of how to fix Trader -- Perhaps the same here can be done, ie; players must sell their own goods first before other players.

Other things I've decided to do from now on;

When causing one-self to fall off the diplomacy track or bottom out, you earn an unrest token that you place in one of your other territories.

Optional;

First player always moves clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turcan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group simply house ruled it where you can only ship your own goods, unless a booming city is up, in which the owner of said city gets paid immediately while the shipping player still brings their own goods to market.

I however will bring up your idea there.

I have the same problem as you, they all think you're the bad guy because you're saying it like it is, and they all love the leader because he shuts up and doesn't bring any attention. By the time they realize when they've done, its too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.