Subject: Shopping mall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luciano Roggero
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a question for you.

I unlocked the Shopping Mall and I have 1 Flower shop and 2 Flower field.
How many coins I take with a 6?

1 - (1x2)+1=3

2 - (1+1)x2=4

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
The shopping mall affect the Flower Shop when it activates, ading 1 coin, independently of how many coins the Flower Shop generates.

On a 6, the Flower Shop would generate 2 coins (because you have 2 Flower Fields). Then the Shopping mall adds 1 to that. So a total of 3.

IF the Flower Shop would have ACTIVATED twice, then you would gain 2 extra coins. But it doesn't. It activates once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luciano Roggero
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
The shopping mall affect the Flower Shop when it activates, ading 1 coin, independently of how many coins the Flower Shop generates.

On a 6, the Flower Shop would generate 2 coins (because you have 2 Flower Fields). Then the Shopping mall adds 1 to that. So a total of 3.

IF the Flower Shop would have ACTIVATED twice, then you would gain 2 extra coins. But it doesn't. It activates once.

If I have Shopping Mall, 1 Flower Shop, and no Flower Fields, do I get 1 coin if I roll a 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zakimos Kleidos
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:

The Italian rulebook says something different.

Each Flower Shop, when the Shopping Mall is active, gives 2 coins for each Flower Field you have.

EDIT: From the English rules in the files section

"With the effect of the Shopping Mall, The Flower Shop causes you
to get 2 coins per Flower Field you have"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakimos wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

Each Flower Shop, when the Shopping Mall is active, gives 2 coins for each Flower Field you have.

That's truly and completely un-intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Zakimos wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

That's truly and completely un-intuitive.

Flower Shop is the only building that benefits from Shopping Mall and that provides a variable reward (i.e., a reward based on how many you have of something else - Flower Fields).

All the other Shopping Mall buildings provide a fixed reward, to which the Shopping Mall adds 1.

There was no real precedent to something like Flower Shop for Shopping Mall - so it's good that the rules called it out explicitly!

The only thing close is Sushi Bar. This benefits from Shopping Mall, but its reward depends on whether you have Harbor.

If we were to say that, absent Harbor, Sushi Bar pays 0 when an opponent hits it, you could argue that, with Shopping Mall, Sushi Bar would pay you 1.

I doubt this was intended. I think that the intent was that, absent Harbor, Sushi Bar does not pay at all - nothing to be incremented by Shopping Mall.

I looked at the "shop" and "restaurant" cards for Sharp, and it seems that some have a "pay or no pay" option, but it does not seem that any provide a payment that varies based on something else.

Thus, Flower Shop really seems unique among all the shops and restaurants in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question was resolved in this thread by someone who checked with the designer.

The general idea is that, if you have Shopping Mall, you increase by 1 any number printed on a restaurant or shop card.

The text on Flower Shop says, "Get 1 coin from the bank for each Flower Orchard you own, on your turn only."

Shopping Mall changes this to "Get 1+1 (=2) coins from the bank for each Flower Orchard you own, on your turn only."

That is consistent with what is printed in the rules.

The text on Sushi Bar says, "If you have a Harbor, you get 3 coins from the player who rolled the dice."

Shopping Mall changes this to "If you have a Harbor, you get 3+1 (=4) coins from the player who rolled the dice."

That is consistent with the expectation that Sushi Bar does not pay anything if you don't have Harbor - even if you do have Shopping Mall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.