Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: convention [+] euroquest [+] [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EuroQuest IV is now just a week away, and I thought rather than posting a Geek List (they seem to take forever to create) I would just list the games being played there plus list the ones from my personal collection I intend to bring. Oh, yeah, for those still on the fence, here's the website with all the information:

http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org

Main Event Tournament games (11): Puerto Rico, Power Grid (including just about all the expansion maps, I have Italy/France but not the really new ones which are also part of the tournament), Princes of Florence, St Petersburg, Caylus, Ra, Goa, Carcassone (including variants), Settlers (including variants), Thurn and Taxis (this year's "Hot New Game"), and Ticket to Ride (also including Marklin and Europe variants, and possibly the newest expansion). Check the website for details on all these tournaments. If you go to the main page and click on "Other Info" you can then see a Schedule by clicking on it from the drop down menu.

I have all these games (but not all the expansions) and will be bringing them to make sure we have sufficient copies available. However, this year I intend to play in only one main event (Puerto Rico, heck I'm the GM, so I should play at least one game in my own tournament) -- and instead I intend to split up of my time playing games in the unique Wild Card event and also in open gaming as well.

Wild Card games I intend to be bringing: Attika, Traumfabrik (my copy is missing a couple of original components but I've substituted some), San Juan (missing a couple of key components in this one, too, but will bring it and think of something), Medici (the older version), Louis 14th, Tikal (haven't really played it but own the game) and E & T (ditto). Then I will be bringing copies of three new additions to the Wild Card fare, two of which I am involved in running demos: Vegas Showdown, recently named GAMES magazine game of the year (demo at 5:30 PM Thursday), Railroad Tycoon (myself and others will be introducing several variant rules and several newer maps, including ones for Europe, UK and the Northeast Corridor), and Can't Stop (an old favorite, and I will have a couple of copies on hand courtesy of gaming buddy and frequent Essen game show attendee Scott Fisher).

In addition to the above 10 Wild Card games, there will be five others I don't have copies of: Lost Cities, Ingenious, Alhambra, El Grande and the Hot New Essen game which has been recently selected as Hermagor.
Actually, let me modify that -- I did recently purchase Gardens of Alhambra which can be substituted for a regular Alhambra game if players desire (lots of choices at EQ, which makes it fun for everyone).

Finally, here's a list of games I intend to bring (I focus primarily on the more unique items I don't expect many others to be bringing):

Leonardo da Vinci (plus Market expansion)
Through the Ages (CBG's new Civ game, direct from Essen)
Graenaland (another new CBG game, this is really Scott's game he loaned it to me to learn the rules)
Indonesia (a group of us are planning to play this one on Thursday afternoon, the first day of the Con)
Mermaid Rain
Schrille Stille
Kreta
Kaivai
Coyote
Mykerinos
Hoity Toity
World Cup Football (the new one from the UK)
6 Day Race
Hoity Toity
Patrons of Venice
Twilight Struggle
California
to name a few

and a few recent purchases:

Blue Moon City
Augsburg 1520 (just ordered from GameSurplus)
Gloria Mundi (ditto)

GameSurplus should once again be on hand with many games for sale. Z-Man Games and, for the first time, Rio Grande Games will be on hand. North Star games is doing a special Wits and Wagers event. There will be a demo for Winds of Plunder. And, another first, a Tichu "Outlaw" event with some special prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably be there on Saturday. I would really like to try the following games at Euro Quest:
Wallenstein / Shogun
Memoir '44 / C&C: Ancients
Antike
Battleground: Fantasy Warfare
Mississippi Queen
Gheos
Die Saulen der Erde
Indonesia

Hopefully, if someone has/likes any of these I will run into them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshall, I am working on coming up with a hand-made English version of Saulen der Erde -- don't know how it is going to turn out, though. I expect there will be at least one copy (maybe two) of the German edition from those Essen goers at EQ, but I hear there's quite a bit of German on the cards, something I am hoping to remedy. The game looks very good, if you can figure it out, you can play it on BSW. I'm still struggling with it at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What I'm planning on bringing to Euroquest:

* Caylus (The only non-wild card tournament I'm playing)
* Railroad Tycoons (UK and Northern Corridor) (maybe Limited and Europe in John needs me too)
* Ingenious (wildcard)
* Attika (wildcard)
* Alhambra (wildcard)

Top 10 games I want to play at Euroquest:
10. Age of Steam, Tempus or any other Martin Walace Game
9. Any other new hot or cool game
8. World Cup Football
7. El Grande
6. Through the Ages
5. Battlelore
4. Conquest of Empires
3. Princes of the Renaissance
2. Caylus
1. Railroad Tycoons any version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Levy
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Battlelore

Yes I will be bring this one. I just got it today, but I have not read the directions yet. The instruction book is only 80 pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Burke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Anyone bringing Space Dealer?
That one looks like a blast. No Analysis Paralysis either.

I still haven't played Indonesia even though I wrote a javascript merger calculator for the game. You can find a link to it under the general topics forum for Indonesia.
I look forward to the Winds of Plunder demo.

Games I'll have on hand at Euroquest
7 ages
Indonesia
Antiquity
Pizza Box Football
Die Macher (New valley games version)
Bolide (shipped today hope it gets here in time)
Roads and Boats

So many games so little time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:

Top 10 games I want to play at Euroquest:
10. Age of Steam, Tempus or any other Martin Walace Game
9. Any other new hot or cool game
8. World Cup Football
7. El Grande
6. Through the Ages
5. Battlelore
4. Conquest of Empires
3. Princes of the Renaissance
2. Caylus
1. Railroad Tycoons any version

I'll bring AoS and Conquest of the Empire on Friday and Saturday if you get me into a game of Railroad Tycoon

Bringing:

AoS
Conquest of the Empire
Struggle of Empires
Vinci
La Citta

Hoping to play:

Perikles
Railroad Tycoon
Conquest of Paradise
Space Dealer

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, Chris,

If you check with the folks attending this year's EQ who were at this year's Essen (I believe that would include Tom McCorry and Scott Fisher), I would imagine they picked up the new Space Dealer game you mention. Also Perikles plus any of the other popular new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John, I'll keep an eye out for them. I actually met Tom at GCOM Chantilly Tuesday night, but I was locked up in a high stakes game of Conquest of the Empire and didn't get to check out any Essen games

That reminds me though:

Wanted to play: Hermagor

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hoping to play:

Conquest of Paradise

Sorry, Martin; I won't be attending Euro Quest this year. I wasn't able to clear other obligations to make the journey.

By next Euro Quest V, the published game should be available.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm not only into 2-3 hour Caylus or Martin Wallace games. I just received my $20 copy of Monsters Menace America and Nexus Ops. I'll bring Monster on Thursday afternoon to play with my daughter and a friend or two. And Nexus Opts makes a great Beer and Pretzel late Friday or Saturday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.