jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering where Boko Haram & ISIS found common ground. Same country? Race? Continent even? No, no, & no. Wonder what it could be.Lack of educational opportunities? Boko Haram LITERALLY means "Western education is sinful".

Gosh , what could it be.......

Quote:
A message allegedly from the head of Nigeria’s Boko Haram terror group Saturday pledged his group’s allegiance to Islamic State.

The pledge to IS came in an Arabic audio message with English subtitles alleged to have come from Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau and posted Saturday on Twitter, according to the SITE Intelligence monitoring service.

"We announce our allegiance to the Caliph of the Muslims ... and will hear and obey in times of difficulty and prosperity, in hardship and ease, and to endure being discriminated against, and not to dispute about rule with those in power, except in case of evident infidelity regarding that which there is a proof from Allah," said the message. IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has declared himself the caliph.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/08/boko-haram-swears-fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this quote does not tell us, maybe the fact that the USA has declared war on both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say desperation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that Boko Haram sees ISIS as a legitimate contender for the Caliphate. They are after all trying to convince the other 90% of Muslims that they represent the "real" Islam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Well this quote does not tell us, maybe the fact that the USA has declared war on both?

The US has not formally declared war on anyone since WW2. We also have a Nobel peace prize winner as our elected leader, so your statement makes no sense.

But if we are we playing "6 degrees of "Noam Chomsky" again, I will take "US military-industrial complex" for the win !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

The US has not formally declared war on anyone since WW2. We also have a Nobel peace prize winner as our elected leader, so your statement makes no sense.

But if we are we playing "6 degrees of "Noam Chomsky" again, I will take "US military-industrial complex" for the win !
My mistake, you are giving them explosive aid.

How ungrateful these people are about all the money you are spending on them.

You are of course correct, the USA has not declared war, it is just fighting an undeclared one. Of course that makes soooo! much difference.

So lets re-phrase it for those who are unable to tell the difference between what an act is and what an act is called under law.

Well this quote does not tell us, maybe the fact that the USA is fighting an illegal undeclared war on both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.