Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I have purchased the ever popular Hobby Lobby artist case for storage. Does anyone have a recommendation for either the Broken Token or Go7 Gaming divider inserts? Is one much better than the other or are they both equally good. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Go7 insert. The Broken Token insert looks very similar. Some of the minor differences between the two:

- Go7 has a bottom board, but it looks like Broken Token doesn't. So Go7 will be a little sturdier but Broken Token leaves you more room in the box for rulebooks, threat dials, etc.

- Go7 has closer spaced dividers, so you have more options about how you want to space the dividers.

- Go7 has clear dividers while Broken Token has wood dividers. But, I rarely can actually see through the Go7 dividers anyway just because of the angle and because there isn't much space left in my box with all the cards.

- The slot cuts in the dividers are slightly different, so that will depend on personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Mills
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
Your Evil Is My Good
badge
I am Sutekh the Destroyer. Where I tread I leave nothing but dust and darkness...I find that good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the G07 is available with a double wide lane divider, which allows you to place the dividers in the same slot in adjacent lanes...not a big deal, but nice to have. Don't know if the BT one is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gleepglop1 wrote:
Also, the G07 is available with a double wide lane divider, which allows you to place the dividers in the same slot in adjacent lanes...not a big deal, but nice to have. Don't know if the BT one is the same.

Are you talking about their LCG-002 divider that has the two rows of cards? I have the LCG-001 and you can't use the same slot for adjacent rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very pleased with my Broken Token vertical insert in an artists case. My two cents is it depends on whichever is cheaper (don't forget to factor in shipping) and weight. AFAIK, Go 7 inserts have bottoms which adds to the weight. Yes, it also adds to their "sturdiness" but it's not like you are ever likely to want to remove a (full) insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve St. Clair
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the insert for the artist's case, but I do have the Broken Token's insert for the LotR Core Set box, and I'm very pleased with it (as well as with their insert for Eclipse). The BT insert snapped together without needing any glue, and seems to be holding up fine so far. I've actually just ordered another one to go with my second Core Set box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
gleepglop1 wrote:

Are you talking about their LCG-002 divider that has the two rows of cards? I have the LCG-001 and you can't use the same slot for adjacent rows.

The ASB-003 and ASB-004 allow for side-by-side placement of dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for all the input. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but I decided to go with the Broken Token vertical inserts (for 2 Hobby Lobby cases). Now, to figure out how to print some of the great dividers available here.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you printed your dividers yet? I highly recommend these (still a work in progress as you can see):

They can be found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/77423/lord-rings-card-ga...

I laminated mine and printed them on 80lb card stock. My ma 'n' pa printer did an excellent job for .65 a sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mc
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great. Can't seem to find the dividers file. Do you have the files handy still?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with Go7, so I can't speak to it. But I've been very happy with my Broken Token horizontal insert for the artist case. Since I customized my case, the fact that the BT insert was wood was great because I was able to spraypaint the insert.

It was a great fit - very snug and secure. In fact, so snug that I needed a rubber mallet to gently tap the the outside edges into place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.