BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for 2P games, or house rules to make 2P games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Anzaldo

Washington
msg tools
Hello all,

Recently, my fiance and I have found it hard to gather enough people for a game night. We are looking for in depth, and strategical games that are actually enjoyable with only 2 participants. We have also stared creating variants to some of our most favorite 3+ Player games, but this takes a lot of time and many trial runs/plays to de-bug all the house rules.

If any one has any recommendations or house rules variants, please share!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at your owned games, all of the ones I know are playable with 2 with the RAW, except for TI3 (Runewars does work, it's somewhat similar but with the Terrinoth theme (fantasy)).

You could look at the game specific forums, there are generally people who come up with (2p) variants there. Or maybe mention which games you are interested in 'converting' to 2p?

Some strategic games we enjoy with 2: Mage Knight Board Game, Runewars, Eclipse, Dungeon Lords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my wife and I have recently been enjoying 2p Koi Pond: A Coy Card Game , and 2p DUEL-version of Linko!.

we also play backgammon occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Targi is an excellent 2-player (only) game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive is a great 2p only game. My wife and I have probably played this over a hundred times, and we're still finding new depths to it. We even have the strategy book.

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines (or War of Indines, or the upcoming War Remastered) is an excellent 2p game. The variety of characters is nice. It's my favorite game right now, but my wife really doesn't like it that much.

Summoner Wars: Master Set is a fun game that she does like. There are lots of sets for this - I'd suggest the Master Set because it comes with 6 factions. The factions play so differently that it's nice to have the variety to choose from. The Alliances Master Set looks amazing, but I haven't played any of the factions yet, so I don't know if they're harder to play than the original master set factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.