Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ankur Gupta
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So. . . spill the beans already! How is the reprint?

Damnit, you people don't seem to realize the anxiety. . . .

Sigh.

Rubia

P.S. Beans. Spill them. Now.

P.P.S. Seriously. Beans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, heh, heh. Funny stuff Richard. Well, you asked for it Rubia. Then again, you asked for spilled beans. Those beans are contained....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Spilled beans (with a side order of walnut):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankur Gupta
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Spilled beans (with a side order of walnut):

I disagree. These beans are clearly arranged in a fashion. They are not spilled in a haphazard way.

So far I have received neither spilled beans nor reprint information. I'm beginning to think that you people are useless.

Moreover, desperation is beginning to set in. That's clearly not good for me. You all may not care, but it's the sort of thing that could drive a man to do really dangerous things. . . such as fly 6,000 miles to open one's copy of Taj Mahal that arrived while said man is working abroad. Such a scenario could negatively affect one's job status.

Perhaps I should use a different idiomatic phrase. . . . If it works, it'll save me a very long flight. And a job.

"Show me the money."

Ok, so it's not exactly the same, but you know, if we remember the *context* of spilling beans, then clearly displaying well-accepted bartering tools made out of paper or non-precious metals ought to make sense in this context. Thus, we can write this expression, summarizing our findings:

Money in context = Beans.

Rubia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Actually, in this game Beans = money (different beans are different values). The walnut is a turn order marker.

Now I've shown you the money & I've shown you the beans (and as the photographer I'd say they were more spilled than arranged).

And despite all these wonderful beans you still you keep asking about Taj Mahal!

Fact is ... I don't know what the new edition looks like, except I've heard it's pretty much the same as the original except for new box art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankur Gupta
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Actually, in this game Beans = money (different beans are different values). The walnut is a turn order marker.

Now I've shown you the money & I've shown you the beans (and as the photographer I'd say they were more spilled than arranged).

And despite all these wonderful beans you still you keep asking about Taj Mahal!

Fact is ... I don't know what the new edition looks like, except I've heard it's pretty much the same as the original except for new box art.

It's a disease I have. I can't be satisfied with beans or money or beans as money or beans instead of money. And if those beans were spilled rather than arranged, man, what a spilling!

Yeah, I've heard that too, but I wanna know man! I wanna know!!!

Rubia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just received my reprint, and although it's the first I've seen of the game, it looks great. Nice board, bits and cards, and rules in umteen languages. Kinda paniced until I saw that the English rules were a dozen pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take pity on you, then. My buddy Ken just got it (I saw it last night) and the only difference from my old German version seems to be the different box art, ever so slightly larger box, and elephants on the goods tiles (behind the numbers). The board, fortunately, seems exactly the same. Overall, I'd say the reprint is of excellent quality--you won't be disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
cabalzero wrote:
I'll take pity on you, then. My buddy Ken just got it (I saw it last night) and the only difference from my old German version seems to be the different box art, ever so slightly larger box, and elephants on the goods tiles (behind the numbers). The board, fortunately, seems exactly the same. Overall, I'd say the reprint is of excellent quality--you won't be disappointed.

So is it not in the Alea-branded "Large Box" format anymore? I can't understand why they would increase the box size - there was scads of room in the old box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh OK, when I say "larger", it's like a couple millimeters bigger...just about indistinguishable from the Alea big-boxes to the naked eye. Also forgot to mention it does have the nifty insert still. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankur Gupta
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero and Marcus de Bassus:

I love you.

Rubia

P.S. Although, not as much as Taj Mahal. Sorry.
P.P.S. Also, in a strictly "patting man on back after scoring a goal way"
P.P.P.S. Beans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
...just about indistinguishable from the Alea big-boxes to the naked eye.

If it's sitting on the shelf next to an Alea box, it's *very* distinguishable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cormier
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else notice that the spot in the box to put the elephant tokens is not deep enough? Seems weird that they'd make a specially designed box to hold everything and then it doesn't fit! I have to put 2-3 Elephant tokens somewhere else in the box.

I wonder if it was a miscalculation as I cannot imagine that being done on purpose.

Otherwise - everything is sweet with Taj.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.