Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it permissible for one player to hold multiple talismans? Can't find a reason why not in the rules, but unsure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Savard Bouchard
Canada
Quebec City
Quebec
flag msg tools
May the force be with you
badge
They say I can't lose. I say you can't win!
mbmbmbmbmb
of course you can. i even see a session report here about a guy that was playing the thief with a mule and was stealing everyone talisman. at the end he was holding every talisman and go for the crown while other could not get there because he was carying all the talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only restrictions are carrying capacity for objects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually two Talismen is a burden people won't want to carry... especially if lacking a mule other means of carrying more objects.

I wonder if a house rule might be formulated to make talismen even more desirable?

Perhaps something like "Remove two Talismen from the game to gain +1 strength or +1 craft." ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid_Dragon wrote:
Usually two Talismen is a burden people won't want to carry... especially if lacking a mule other means of carrying more objects.

I wonder if a house rule might be formulated to make talismen even more desirable?

Perhaps something like "Remove two Talismen from the game to gain +1 strength or +1 craft." ???

Our group had been considering this recently and then decided to try it in our last game. A Talisman ups your stat +1 each, but Life and fate only effected in value. And Talismans do not stack this effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron poteet
United States
Buchanan
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes that is the only way to keep a high power player from racing ahead of everyone who isn't as powerful, so it is a valid tactic to steal the Talisman or take it as spoils from combat.
It is also fun to do as spoiler play. you can drop the extra ones once you no longer need them adding insult to injury :devil:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.