Popular Tags: [View All]
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night while out I stop by my FLGS and they had the new Die Macher in stock, looks like they had 5 copies at 49$ each. Still trying to decide if I need to pick this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And those of us foolish enough to pre-order still don't have ours. *Nice*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
I also pre-ordered and have nothing yet. Has anybody in Europe received anything yet?

Funny thing is, the game was at Essen and I could have picked it up there if they would have let me. However they said the pre-order was on it's way and I would receive it shortly.

Still waiting snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Kiyote wrote:
And those of us foolish enough to pre-order still don't have ours. *Nice*

Only if you're Canadian. Because Canadians are second class citizen, even to other Canadians.

(that wasn't very nice, I'm sorry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, let's clarify this a bit (again):

The shipment from the printers in China arrived via a port in California. It would then make sense that if half of the shipment goes out to customers in the U.S. and the other half goes towards Canada, that the U.S. customers would receive it first, given that they all left from the same U.S. port at the same time (Hmm, why does this feel like high school math class all of a sudden?).

There are currently no retailers in Canada with the game to my knowledge. Canadian preorder customers are still first in line for shipping over their equivalent local retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Yes, let's clarify this a bit (again):

The shipment from the printers in China arrived via a port in California. It would then make sense that if half of the shipment goes out to customers in the U.S. and the other half goes towards Canada, that the U.S. customers would receive it first, given that they all left from the same U.S. port at the same time

If the games shipped to individual customers from California, I really shoulda gotten mine by now. I'll still wait until next week before dropping VG an email though... just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can report my copy and a friends copy arriving in Seattle about 2 days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rickards
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
An Australian Tabletop Podcast and Radio show
badge
dicemencometh.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Canadians (especially on waffles with REAL maple syrup), but i still haven't got my copy yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:

If the games shipped to individual customers from California, I really shoulda gotten mine by now. I'll still wait until next week before dropping VG an email though... just in case.

Sorry about that... I wasn't completely accurate. Copies that arrived in California for U.S. customers actually travelled "en masse" to the distributor in Georgia. That is why people in the extreme NW of the US received their copies the latest.

Jeff, I have made Rik aware of your situation, and he will watch for your email in the next week if your game is still AWOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Jeff, I have made Rik aware of your situation, and he will watch for your email in the next week if your game is still AWOL.

Awesome, thanks for doing that for me! Since it's coming from Georgia that makes sense, especially if it's UPS.

Thanks again,

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Linnemann
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is coming from ThoughtHammer. It just shipped today with fedex. It will be here by tuesday.

I am in Duluth, MN, which is of course by Canada (3 hours away from absolutely nothing in Canada).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Robinson
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
200th Anniversary of the War of 1812
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of today I have not yet received my copy of the game. I was very surprised to travel to Montreal on the weekend and talk to the manager of a game store there who had the game on his shelf. He said that he had received it last week and had already sold all but one. I am wondering what the value is for me as a game consumer to support pre orders of this game.
I was assuming perhaps rather naively that there would be a priority shipment of the game to customers that have assisted in getting the game published intially but this does not appear to be the case here. It is apparent that for Canadian purchasers we were even penalized as compared to everyone else just by the way the logistics were handled.
As a curtesy it would have been nice to have had the game before the Canadian retailers but that didn't happen. In addition to add insult to injury I have not seen this game on sale for what I paid for it US on the preorder rather it is selling at least 10 to 15% less than that what I paid.
I understand all the expanations given here on the Geek regarding shipping to California etc. etc. but as a consumer I fell that I have been taken advantage of.
I would say that this was a poor way to get customers interested in future releases from Valley Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorder copies were sent out before store copies. In a vast majority of cases, preorder customers have been receiving their copies before their local FLGS. Valley Games has limited control over shipment speed, and it is only fair to expect shipping time to vary.

In addition, Valley Games does not attempt to "price fix" its games at retail levels. I have seen a range of prices from various US retailers, but I have yet to see a price that beats preorder pricing by more than a few cents.

Preordering with Valley Games has its advantages, and we will be happy to bring more interesting incentives in the future (Just wait for the Big City bonus!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
I really think that Valley Games should do something about this orelse, in the future, no one will pre order their games...

Paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today! Seems the first went AWOL since part of my address was missing, but all is fine now. This makes game #200 in my collection, a nice number for the #1 ID game on BGG.

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
otrex wrote:
Preorder copies were sent out before store copies.

Unless you lived in Canada. If you lived in Canada, FLGS's in LONDON ENGLAND got the game before you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Have I ever mentioned how glad I am that I don't run a game company or store?

I hope you guys don't whine this much when you actually *play* games, because it is really quite unpleasant....

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.