Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some items on the counter sheet than I'm not sure what to do with. Once you cut out all the stands, there are two sets of action dice (US flag, CS flag, bugle, hat) blocks of counters. One block has 8 of these symbols across and a second one has nine. I can't find any description in the rules what these are used for or whether they're supposed to be cut out or left whole. I assume that these are used to track your action dice rolls and how many have been used, is that correct?

Are they meant to be cut out or left as a block? If left as a block, I assume that you'd use a chit or some other counter to track how many of each you've got left. If cut out, I assume that you roll your action dice, then take the number of action chits and return them to the pool as you use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to remember from my copy, which had die stickers to apply to blank dice. Without looking, my guess is that these are draw-from-a-cup chits in place of dice. Did your copy come with dice?

Another thing: the stand-up counter-and-chips thing is really fiddly when you have a number of units in play. Try substituting "Battle Cry" figures if you have them, or even wooden cubes in blue and gray. Speeds up play considerably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
I'm trying to remember from my copy, which had die stickers to apply to blank dice. Without looking, my guess is that these are draw-from-a-cup chits in place of dice. Did your copy come with dice?

Yes. I assume what happens is that you roll your action dice, then use these chits to track how many of each you roll. Because you have to use the dice for other actions, you can't use the dice themselves for tracking.

Barry Kendall wrote:
Another thing: the stand-up counter-and-chips thing is really fiddly when you have a number of units in play. Try substituting "Battle Cry" figures if you have them, or even wooden cubes in blue and gray. Speeds up play considerably.

I've thought of that too. I have 4 Battle Cry sets, so I have plenty of figures. I was thinking that the best thing to do might be to stack the chits behind rather than underneath the stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Crippa
Italy
Lecco
LC
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
kentreuber wrote:
There are some items on the counter sheet than I'm not sure what to do with. Once you cut out all the stands, there are two sets of action dice (US flag, CS flag, bugle, hat) blocks of counters. One block has 8 of these symbols across and a second one has nine. I can't find any description in the rules what these are used for or whether they're supposed to be cut out or left whole. I assume that these are used to track your action dice rolls and how many have been used, is that correct?

Are they meant to be cut out or left as a block? If left as a block, I assume that you'd use a chit or some other counter to track how many of each you've got left. If cut out, I assume that you roll your action dice, then take the number of action chits and return them to the pool as you use them.

Sorry...I didn't mentionate counters use in the rules.
White dice are used for command (activation) and combat.
The square counters are useful to remember what you rolled in the activation phase.
Use the flag counters for VPs hexes control too.

Some people have replaced plastic chips with Axis & Allies disk, other prefer a markers on the stand with CF (Combat Factor) left number and so on....
Remember, for 6 CF units (confederate at Gettysburg), use stand over black chip (black chip=5 CF).

For discussion, FAQ and more see forum in the www.consimworld.com

Enjoy the game
gio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.