GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,553 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dead elder becoms evil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fela Kuti
msg tools
mbmb
When dead Elder, whos secrets are not revealed, may become evil Elder faking his own death (as a result of one of his secret cards)? I mean, when do You reveal secrets of a dead Elder? I play solo/co-op if it matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play solo/co-op the elder's secrets are revealed immediately upon death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
If you play solo/co-op the elder's secrets are revealed immediately upon death.

Correct, agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the correct rule.

Personally, I find it spoils the endgame. It's more exciting to NOT reveal them until you go to the showdown. I house rule it so you don't find out who faked their death until you see them at the showdown.

This makes it a little more similar to the competitive game, and also adds some strategy because you can still look at (and maybe replace) the secrets of the dead elders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

Personally, I find it spoils the endgame. It's more exciting to NOT reveal them until you go to the showdown. I house rule it so you don't find out who faked their death until you see them at the showdown.

This makes it a little more similar to the competitive game, and also adds some strategy because you can still look at (and maybe replace) the secrets of the dead elders.

I like this but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

It would take the teeth out of the card that lets you attack an Evil Elder outside of a Showdown. I can't recall exactly which card it is but I do know that we really like it when it comes up. I think it makes the Elder take a swing at the Villain too before leaving. Or maybe I'm thinking of two different cards.

Also, when a thought-to-be-dead Town Elder strolls back into town you won't know which one to bring back without some serious investigation beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

Ditto. Though TBH it never occurred to me to Investigate the dead Elders as I'm too busy trying to find which of the living ones I can trust to take with me to the Showdown! Good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hatfield
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with keeping the secrets unrevealed when the Elder dies until the Showdown. I've done it this way more than a couple of times, and I find it makes things much more interesting. We only play cooperative, so it works that way.

If a person looks at the secrets of the Elder before the Showdown, they will know, but otherwise it'll be a surprise.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fela Kuti
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks to all of You for clariffication and some cool ideas I'll give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This never occurred to me too busy thinking of which elders I could recruit. Brilliant. I will now reveal secrets of all dead elders in all future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.