Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P M Doneghy
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I recently received Snorta! as a birthday gift (thanks Mike you know me so well) and I could not have been happier. I had played it once with some friends and immediately fell head over hooves with the game. Not to mention the timing couldn’t have been any better seeing as I was going to a game night at a friends house and I could now introduce more people to the barnyard.

I got there and whipped out the box and started to explain to game to the group and they looked at me as if I were only making animal noises at them. Out of the 13 people at the party I managed to wrangle a group of 6 together:

Jenni,
Bill,
Mike,
that guy,
that guy’s wife
and me

Seating Order: Me, that guy’s wife, Jenni, Bill, that guy, Mike

As you can see this was a very close knit group of my friends. Well to clarify a bit…Jenni & Bill are my friends who introduced me to the game, Mike is the friend who bought me the game, as for that guy and that guy’s wife nice enough and they made 6 which is a good number for Snorta and I was stoked to be playing my new game.

We started off with a quick going over of the rules and promptly began. This game is so great because the rules take all of 5 minutes to explain and nobody “doesn’t get it.” We did make a point to mention the proper way to flip cards (going away from you as to give no one the peeking advantage) and there was a short debate on whether or not you had to match the animal owners sound or not (we ended up deferring to the rule book and went with any reasonable matching animal sound).

The game started at a slower then optimal pace with the newer players being very cautious but with minimal probing the pace quicken and the animal noisiness were flying fast and furiously. We played 3 games and in the middle of the first we had people waiting to join games to and 3.

Here are a few of things that came from that session.
1. Drinking definitely makes this game a lot harder.
2. We tried a variant where; when the Swap card comes up all animals are returned to the sack and re-drawn. This was a lot of fun and very confusing and a lot of fun. I also would like to try a version where the first time the Swap card comes up the player who gets it swaps out his animal, every time it comes up there after everyone swaps with the person to there right or left (the person who turned the Swap card chooses).
3. When trying to remember who is what animal forget about your own it will free up space in your memory.

This game is addictive. It's so much fun and so lively that you almost can't help but get a little carried away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.